3 usb ports is not enough .....

#1Darkneo20Posted 10/8/2013 5:29:19 PM
i use that many right now not counting when i connect usb memory sticks and hard drives to my xbox 360

my turtle beach x32 takes one and my dss2 takes another and charge cable for when controller battery is low

this isnt an issue on my 360 s cause it has 5 usb but the xbox one only has 3 this wont be enough
---
Amd Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz ASUS EAH DIRECTCU 5850 1gig Asus Crosshair Formula 3 790FX WD Caviar 1TB HDD Coolermaster HAF 932 XFX Modular 750watt PSU
#2CyberEvilPosted 10/8/2013 5:40:43 PM
Self-powered USB 3.0 hub should do the trick nicely in theory. I intend on having my external HDD plugged in as well as my Turtle Beach headset and a controller. If I have a friend over playing a fighting game with an arcade stick I'll have to either use a hub or unplug my HDD. Or maybe MS will take forever to give us the HDD support and it'll be a non-issue.

Either way, it sounds exciting.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#3Special-EddPosted 10/8/2013 6:50:31 PM
I'm more bummed that they have 2 in the back and one on the side. I'd like to have at least one up front in case I need to switch some stuff around.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#4CapwnDPosted 10/9/2013 12:05:24 AM
Darkneo20 posted...
i use that many right now not counting when i connect usb memory sticks and hard drives to my xbox 360

my turtle beach x32 takes one and my dss2 takes another and charge cable for when controller battery is low

this isnt an issue on my 360 s cause it has 5 usb but the xbox one only has 3 this wont be enough

Your headphones and that 360 controller can be plugged into any USB port, it doesn't have to be your Xbox 360.

Next gen, the controller will need to be plugged into the console becuase when the controller connects with USB it turns off the WIFI and connects via USB, unlike this gen Xbox where it still connects over WIFI.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5FoppePosted 10/9/2013 1:23:19 AM
Oh my, now I was really worried...
I misread CapwnD's post and thought that he said that a normal wired Xbox 360 controller communicated with the system over WiFi so it could be plugged into whatever USB port you want.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6CapwnDPosted 10/9/2013 9:14:28 AM
Nope, I'm not making that mistake! I'm a proponent of wired controllers for certain games.

Next Xbox the USB connection will disable the WIFI and make it a true wired controller, but not this xbox.
---
#7MrImpatient35Posted 10/9/2013 9:25:39 AM
My friend thought I was crazy when I told him you can never have enough USB ports a few years ago. Now I make total sense to him lol. On my computer anyway.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#8CapwnDPosted 10/9/2013 9:47:24 AM
Yeah I agree.

It's nice having a few powered hubs, and powered USB outlets when you need to just plug stuff in for power.
---