I think it is ingenious that Titanfall won't have a SP campaign.

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/9/2013 12:05:20 AM
I used to be a huge CoD fan, but the last CoD I ever appreciated was MW2. As a whole, however, I always felt like the SP definitely brought the MP down with almost every CoD game since CoD4 and WaW. CoD was always a multiplayer-focused game series (since CoD4) that had to divide some of the time, budget, and overall effort into the SP- of which could have been applied into making the MP better.

There were always a few people who would only play the SP and enjoy it, and sure, more power to you if you do. But I personally never found that a Michael-Bay-esque SP experience was every really worth my time. It was always easy to sense how SP never was as polished as the MP since CoD4. Note that I'm not saying single player campaigns suck, absolutely not. I love SP games. I just think that SP games should stick to SP and MP games should stick to that.

Titanfall is primarily MP, but it does throw a narrative in the middle, allowing them to never really sacrifice the experience for a separate mode that would be unpolished anyways. I think it's a clever way to not upset even the few people who did look forward to the SP experience in CoD games. Just all the more reason to get hyped about it.

TL;DR - - Just read the last paragraph, lazy pants.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#2RyuuHou25Posted 10/9/2013 12:14:03 AM
Ingenious - Clever, original, and inventive

SMH at this being ingenious. Many games have done this before.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#3AwayFromHerePosted 10/9/2013 12:16:25 AM
Yeah, MAG did the same thing, and that was s***.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 12:16:38 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Ingenious - Clever, original, and inventive

SMH at this being ingenious. Many games have done this before.

Semantics aside, I appreciate that they've done it. It seems like a big victory to me since they're coming from a CoD background, and it was always one of the biggest problems I had with CoD.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#5Cowboy082288Posted 10/9/2013 12:21:45 AM
"Michael-Bay-esque" that guy sure is the popular guy to hate on the internet. But explain to people that Christopher Nolan last batman is a rip on 'A tale of Two Cities" or that 'Avatar' is just another version of 'Pocahontas' and people get mad :/
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#6ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 12:24:00 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
But explain to people that Christopher Nolan last batman is a rip on 'A tale of Two Cities" or that 'Avatar' is just another version of 'Pocahontas' and people get mad :/

No disagreement there, believe me. Especially with Avatar being a Pocahontas imitation. I caught wind of that before I had even finished watching the movie.
---
#7Cowboy082288Posted 10/9/2013 12:29:45 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
But explain to people that Christopher Nolan last batman is a rip on 'A tale of Two Cities" or that 'Avatar' is just another version of 'Pocahontas' and people get mad :/

No disagreement there, believe me. Especially with Avatar being a Pocahontas imitation. I caught wind of that before I had even finished watching the movie.

Look into the 3rd batman and a tale of two cities, it's unmistakable. But I do give some credit to christopher nolan, at least the butler character delivered a line from the book near the end of the movie. So he didn't try to completely ignore the fact that the plot was a rehash. He basically told everyone that is was.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#8JohnHalo343Posted 10/9/2013 12:31:48 AM
Single Player would only help it. Think of Halo. Yeah, people like the multiplayer a lot more than the campaign, but everyone loves the Chief. When you buy the game, you don't see two Spartans fighting, you see Chief ready to kick ass and take names.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#9NSGraphitePosted 10/9/2013 12:46:32 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

I prefer to think of it as "Dances with Wolves.....IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE..."
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#10GregsterGTPosted 10/9/2013 1:22:50 AM
If your going to do both mp and sp well that's awesome. Too many sp games just tack on a generic mp, or mp games a half-assed sp campaign. I think it's great they decided to focus on the mp aspect and not throw in a generic campaign their hearts weren't into.