Kinect time of flight

#11Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/9/2013 11:14:18 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Microsoft are masters at spin...I don't blame the average person for falling for this crap

Oh wow time of flight technology photons and cutting edge technology

Radar was invented in 1935 using time of flight technology

police have been using this to give out tickets forever
yeah the inventors of r.a.d.a.r. in 1935 wouldn't have been impressed with the way kinect2 uses this technology at all.
#12Reflex-ArcPosted 10/9/2013 11:27:36 AM
I'm going to estimate that my Kinect's time of flight will be ~2s from balcony to sidewalk below. ;)
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#13straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 12:02:16 PM(edited)
IronSasquatch posted...
Guess I'm not advanced enough to understand why this is groundbreaking and super innovative.
Yeah this is interesting and I am appreciating this a lot, I am learning a lot, I am just amazed, I am just looking into this...
#14straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 12:47:50 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Microsoft are masters at spin...I don't blame the average person for falling for this crap

Oh wow time of flight technology photons and cutting edge technology

Radar was invented in 1935 using time of flight technology

police have been using this to give out tickets forever
You're right, it's a lot like radar, I wonder if it can calculate speed as well.
#15IronSasquatchPosted 10/9/2013 1:21:48 PM
straymatter posted...
IronSasquatch posted...
Guess I'm not advanced enough to understand why this is groundbreaking and super innovative.
Yeah this is interesting and I am appreciating this a lot, I am learning a lot, I am just amazed, I am just looking into this...

Whoops, forgot my sarcasm tags on that post.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#16straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 6:53:54 AM
Kinect is part of the Xbox One Virtual Reality System
#17ZheakkPosted 10/10/2013 7:10:11 AM
Lol at radar.

Yes they are both "time of flight" technology, but measuring variances in ToF on radio waves is significantly easier than light beams.
#18MRL3G3NDPosted 10/10/2013 11:41:30 AM
at the end of the day, none of this translates to a AAA gaming experience...and it never will
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#19straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 12:14:27 PM
You can't be serious. All generations combined to get this far, beyond two dimensional controls, the game world and the real world are coming together, everything our senses can see, hear and feel, the only limit is our minds.
#20MRL3G3NDPosted 10/11/2013 9:49:02 AM
straymatter posted...
You can't be serious. All generations combined to get this far, beyond two dimensional controls, the game world and the real world are coming together, everything our senses can see, hear and feel, the only limit is our minds.

That was brilliant! You have a future in PR my son...and it's quite obvious you are either a shill or never have "experienced" the Kinect in real life before...or you are being facetious and sarcastic.

non the less that was entertaining lol
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q