Since the PS4 is cheaper, will little kids and swagkids go away for good

#41Sin_Angelus_Posted 10/11/2013 12:08:15 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
You don't see any advantage PS4 has over PS3? Then you have bigger problems than opinions and fanboys my friend

You missed the point, try to keep up here. The point is that Ponies will whine all day about not seeing value in an X1, when I could say the same thing about PS4. It's called subjective opinion, but I guess most of you either aren't mature enough to acknowledge the difference in what another person likes, you haven't done the research on X1 to really know what it offers, or you're in denial in order to make your own system seem better in comparison. Or maybe all three. In any case, it's pointless arguing with people who lack the intellect to see past elementary school pissing contests, and have to come to this message board, not to intelligently discuss things, but to throw a tantrum over their toy being better. If that's the mentality you subscribe to, I'd say you've got the bigger problems.
#42sa2bmasterPosted 10/11/2013 4:23:44 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
You don't see any advantage PS4 has over PS3? Then you have bigger problems than opinions and fanboys my friend

You missed the point, try to keep up here. The point is that Ponies will whine all day about not seeing value in an X1, when I could say the same thing about PS4. It's called subjective opinion, but I guess most of you either aren't mature enough to acknowledge the difference in what another person likes, you haven't done the research on X1 to really know what it offers, or you're in denial in order to make your own system seem better in comparison. Or maybe all three. In any case, it's pointless arguing with people who lack the intellect to see past elementary school pissing contests, and have to come to this message board, not to intelligently discuss things, but to throw a tantrum over their toy being better. If that's the mentality you subscribe to, I'd say you've got the bigger problems.

I'd say the PS4 has more value, it's hardware is more powerful, and is cheaper than the X1, so the X1 has no value since weaker hardware should be at least the same price or cheaper. I do like the X1's controller better, but I can't justify spending an extra hundred dollars when most of the games I want to play will be on PS4. I agree this is my opinion, but I've done my research and in every possible way except my controller preference, the PS4 beats the X1 every time.
#43Dev0311Posted 10/11/2013 4:28:14 PM
sa2bmaster posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

I'd say the PS4 has more value, it's hardware is more powerful, and is cheaper than the X1, so the X1 has no value since weaker hardware should be at least the same price or cheaper. I do like the X1's controller better, but I can't justify spending an extra hundred dollars when most of the games I want to play will be on PS4. I agree this is my opinion, but I've done my research and in every possible way except my controller preference, the PS4 beats the X1 every time.

Well said.
#44iamdanthamanPosted 10/11/2013 4:52:31 PM(edited)
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I have yet to see any advantage X1 has that justifies its price...

And I have yet to see any advantage the PS4 has over PS3 other than slightly better graphics so far. See how opinions work? The difference is I'm not on the PS4 boards screaming and foaming at the mouth about it like most of the brain dead trolls we get here.

Yes, because the facebook button, touchpad, and a colored light on the controller are going to revolutionize gaming.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot you get cross game chat now. Welcome to 2005.
---
All your base are belong to us
#45Webmaster4531Posted 10/11/2013 4:57:03 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

And I have yet to see any advantage the PS4 has over PS3 other than slightly better graphics so far. See how opinions work? The difference is I'm not on the PS4 boards screaming and foaming at the mouth about it like most of the brain dead trolls we get here.

Yes, because the facebook button, touchpad, and a colored light on the controller are going to revolutionize gaming.

Eye toy has existed since 2003. Kinect 1.0 sucks. Do you really think 2.0 would revolutionize gaming?

Pass through has 0 to do with gaming.
---
Ad Hominem.
#46Sin_Angelus_Posted 10/12/2013 5:08:31 PM
sa2bmaster posted...

That's a perfectly reasonable opinion. What people can't seem to understand though is that value is VERY subjective, and some find just as much value and more in the X1, even at $100 more. "Weaker hardware" aside (the degree of which is still very debatable), there's plenty of reasons people prefer it over PS4- exclusives, controller, achievements, XBL, Games with Gold, dedicated servers, unlimited cloud storage, Kinect features, Skype, NFL/fantasy football deal, smartglass compatibility with any phone or tablet, free launch game, the list goes on.

But I guess some people think that by admitting the X1 has advantages and value to others, they're admitting defeat or some nonsense, as if the PS4 won't be as good unless they completely convince everyone that it's the absolute-best-thing-ever. Their opinions reek of immaturity, and an intellect that isn't developed enough to admit worth in things other people prefer.
#47iamdanthamanPosted 10/12/2013 11:51:30 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Eye toy has existed since 2003. Kinect 1.0 sucks. Do you really think 2.0 would revolutionize gaming?

Pass through has 0 to do with gaming.

You lose all credibility by comparing eye toy to Kinect. They are NOT the same thing. Kinect 1 was limited in what it could do by the bandwidth of USB 2.0. Now that they are designing the system with kinect in mind and with USB 3.0, they are now able to realize its full potential.
---
All your base are belong to us