Xbox One Kinect camera included - PS4 removed eye cam to compete

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 10/9/2013 2:18:58 PM
Confirmation that Sony removed it's eye camera to compete with Microsoft and not take anymore loses. It's a tough console war guys.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/09/sony-playstation-4-eye-camera-removed-from-bundle-over-price
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#2METALINGUS5150Posted 10/9/2013 2:20:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3straymatterPosted 10/9/2013 2:24:33 PM
The Kinect will be coming to the PS4.
#4Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 2:40:47 PM
It just confirms that Sony wanted to include it just like Microsoft but the only reason they didn't was because they couldn't afford it.

"Sony confirmed the company tried to include the camera in the $400 bundle, but ultimately couldn't afford more loss."

Then at E3 they made it seem like they took it out on purpose because they know what "gamers" want.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/9/2013 2:42:32 PM
It was a wise choice on Sony's part. Motion gaming isn't at the peak of most peoples' interest. Very logical of them.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#6MrImpatient35Posted 10/9/2013 2:44:22 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
It just confirms that Sony wanted to include it just like Microsoft but the only reason they didn't was because they couldn't afford it.

"Sony confirmed the company tried to include the camera in the $400 bundle, but ultimately couldn't afford more loss."

Then at E3 they made it seem like they took it out on purpose because they know what "gamers" want.

I don't know if it was mentioned in that article, but Sony planned on including the PS4 eye with each PS4, but decided to remove it last minute because of the negative backlash MS got for including Kinect. That I know for sure. The other thing I'm not too sure about is that they also planned on doing DRM, but also removed that last minute. I'm not 100% on that one.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#7RybalPosted 10/9/2013 2:45:29 PM
Of course you didn't actually READ the article that it linked to. If you had, you would have noted that there were no sources for this statement. In fact, how about this comment from that article:

"Certainly for the earlier part of the lifecycle, the vast majority of the audience that we speak to tells us that their primary wish is for the full controller interface and there's not necessarily a huge emphasis being placed on camera interaction," said Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House.

---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#8SavageTrooperPosted 10/9/2013 2:48:02 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...

Who cares? In the end they still did remove it as it isn't needed for gaming. Whether it be them not wanting losses or because we want it optional, they still did remove it. We still have the option. And if we do want it, the console and the PSeye are still cheaper. So we still win anyway.
#9Shik_stickPosted 10/9/2013 2:49:51 PM
This was news about three months ago...but it was the right choice.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#10SavageTrooperPosted 10/9/2013 2:50:01 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

I don't know if it was mentioned in that article, but Sony planned on including the PS4 eye with each PS4, but decided to remove it last minute because of the negative backlash MS got for including Kinect. That I know for sure. The other thing I'm not too sure about is that they also planned on doing DRM, but also removed that last minute. I'm not 100% on that one.

They were never going rondo DRM, they have said this time and time again in interviews. It was Xbox Fanboys who chose to not believe it.