Final games you plan on buying this gen before next gen begins

#1regsantotomasPosted 10/9/2013 3:31:24 PM
Just wondering what games people are planning to close out this generation with if they are planning to primarily play on next gen consoles:

Currently:
GTA V

Final 3 games:
Batman Arkham Origins
WWE 2K14
South Park: The Stick Of Truth

To be clear, I still plan on playing my current gen games (still have a backlog) but these are the last new games I will be purchasing in all likelihood.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#2CyberEvilPosted 10/9/2013 3:33:01 PM
My final game is Battlefield 4. That also happens to be my first of the next generation. I'm not buying anything else for the current generation after that so hopefully a few later games see ports.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#3Jedi454Posted 10/9/2013 3:36:58 PM
There are heaps of games that are already released that I have yet to grab (probably when they're a lot cheaper)

New games i'm looking forward to on the 360

Fable Anniversary
Dark Souls II (possibly)
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#4PudgeisafishPosted 10/9/2013 3:37:07 PM
Last game I bought for Xbox360 was Tomb Raider when it came out.

Just waiting on next generation now.
#5motoraptorPosted 10/9/2013 3:37:30 PM
Bought GTA V already, but now I am contemplating XCOM. Going to get Ghosts but that'll be going next-gen
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 10/9/2013 3:37:36 PM
Tough to say. My 360 and PS3 still work flawlessly and aren't going away when the new consoles arrive.

The last thing I bought was GTA V for 360. I may pick up Beyond: Two Souls for PS3 next.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7renskyfirePosted 10/9/2013 3:46:14 PM
As far as I know, just Batman Arkham Origins. Haven't seen any games coming out for the 360 or PS3 after the PS4 and XBox One launch that I want that aren't for the new systems. I imagine if I have a choice between a game on the PS3 or PS4 or games for the 360 or XBox One, I will go with the ones on the next gen. I'm guessing there won't be much if any major titles coming out anymore, though maybe some minor 3rd party game will have me dust the systems off.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#8regsantotomas(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:47:49 PM
renskyfire posted...
As far as I know, just Batman Arkham Origins. Haven't seen any games coming out for the 360 or PS3 after the PS4 and XBox One launch that I want that aren't for the new systems. I imagine if I have a choice between a game on the PS3 or PS4 or games for the 360 or XBox One, I will go with the ones on the next gen. I'm guessing there won't be much if any major titles coming out anymore, though maybe some minor 3rd party game will have me dust the systems off.

Yeah, I have a similar plan. That is why my last 3 games (AFAIK) are only available for this gen.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#9userfrigginamePosted 10/9/2013 3:50:51 PM
The announced games that I plan to get last are Lightning Returns, South Park, and Dark Souls II. But, I guess Xbox One and PS4 will have already come out after those games come out, so it'd just be Arkham Origins and Beyond Two Souls.
#10triple sPosted 10/9/2013 4:07:27 PM
Every game that I want at this point for this gen is either coming on PC or the new consoles so I'm good on buying games for the current gen.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22