Why wasn't Bayonetta 2 Xbox One exclusive?

#11METALINGUS5150Posted 10/9/2013 7:09:58 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Vanquish Xbox One better be in development at Platinum.

Word on the street is that Platinum is in talks to becoming a Nintendo 2nd Party dev, so if you want those games you might have to get a WiiU.

Those were just rumors that Kamiya debunked by calling the people who were saying that idiots.
#12MNeighborTotoriPosted 10/9/2013 7:13:24 PM
Nintendo funded it 100% along with Wonderful 101. The real question is why isn't Donkey Kong Country on Xbox1?
#13Orange_ApplesPosted 10/9/2013 7:19:17 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Vanquish Xbox One better be in development at Platinum.

Word on the street is that Platinum is in talks to becoming a Nintendo 2nd Party dev, so if you want those games you might have to get a WiiU.

Those were just rumors that Kamiya debunked by calling the people who were saying that idiots.

When did that happen? because I can't find it anywhere.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#14sworderPosted 10/9/2013 7:22:16 PM
Platinum is not going anywhere lulz

Anyway, Microsoft doesn't care about Japanese developers
#15pigman2003Posted 10/9/2013 7:24:55 PM
The first Bayonetta wasn't profitable, which I still think is bulls*** because that game is one of the best action games I've ever played, but I digress, Nintendo seemed to be the only one to recognize it's potential and picked up the gem.
#16FoppePosted 10/9/2013 9:14:23 PM
micheal82 posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Random, but while MS was racking up the X1 exclusives, why was Bayonetta 2 left to a dead platform with virtually zero audience for it? Seems like MS could have easily money-hatted this if it wanted to?

Because Nintendo swooped in first at funded it's development.

Ehm no...
Platinum wanted to make the game and Sega said no. Microsoft said no. Sony said no.
Then Nintendo came and said Take my money!
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#17sworderPosted 10/9/2013 9:14:55 PM
Foppe posted...
Ehm no...
Platinum wanted to make the game and Sega said no. Microsoft said no. Sony said no.

No. The other guy was right
#18ukokira1Posted 10/9/2013 9:33:39 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
eastofeastside posted...

When did that happen? because I can't find it anywhere.

Kamiyas twitter.

Foppe posted...
micheal82 posted...
eastofeastside posted...

Ehm no...

Proof?
Source?
Link?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#19MasterKatonPosted 10/9/2013 9:33:46 PM
I'm so glad Nintendo got it. I want to get a Wii U, and I will never buy an Xbone. I would prefer Sony to get it, but I would prefer it on a comsole I will actually buy. Unlike the Bone. I loved the first Bayonetta.
---
Katon: Karyu Endan!
#20MasterKatonPosted 10/9/2013 9:35:31 PM
Foppe posted...
micheal82 posted...
eastofeastside posted...

Ehm no...

Proof?
Source?
Link?

Burden of proof is on you.
---
Katon: Karyu Endan!