Why wasn't Bayonetta 2 Xbox One exclusive?

#21ukokira1Posted 10/9/2013 9:38:01 PM
MasterKaton posted...
Foppe posted...
micheal82 posted...
eastofeastside posted...

Because Nintendo swooped in first at funded it's development.

Ehm no...
Platinum wanted to make the game and Sega said no. Microsoft said no. Sony said no.
Then Nintendo came and said Take my money!

Proof?
Source?
Link?

Burden of proof is on you.

So I have to prove something that I am asking proof for? Go to sleep until it wears off.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#22IzecPosted 10/9/2013 10:00:41 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Vanquish Xbox One better be in development at Platinum.

Word on the street is that Platinum is in talks to becoming a Nintendo 2nd Party dev, so if you want those games you might have to get a WiiU.

Those were just rumors that Kamiya debunked by calling the people who were saying that idiots.

Kamiya calls people idiots over a lot of things so you might have situations confused.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#23ninjanickxPosted 10/9/2013 10:02:23 PM
Foppe posted...
micheal82 posted...
eastofeastside posted...
Random, but while MS was racking up the X1 exclusives, why was Bayonetta 2 left to a dead platform with virtually zero audience for it? Seems like MS could have easily money-hatted this if it wanted to?

Because Nintendo swooped in first at funded it's development.

Ehm no...
Platinum wanted to make the game and Sega said no. Microsoft said no. Sony said no.
Then Nintendo came and said Take my money!

This is the truth. Bayonetta 1 sold 500k between the PS3/Xbox 360. So understandably Sega/M$/Sony wanted no part of it. It has been well docemented.
---
Not changing this sig until M$ gets off their lazy @$$ and make Killer Instinct 3.
-Started 12/5/09
#24MasterKatonPosted 10/9/2013 10:05:14 PM
ukokira1 posted...
MasterKaton posted...
Burden of proof is on you.

So I have to prove something that I am asking proof for? Go to sleep until it wears off.

Yes. Foppe brought it up and you are questioning it as well, so burden of proof is on you.

Izec posted...

Your sig is about throwback mode. Do you know how to get it to work? Throwback mode doesn't work for me anymore.
---
Katon: Karyu Endan!
#25FoppePosted 10/9/2013 10:09:23 PM
The game sold pretty bad on the 360/PS3, and Platinum said that the game would not even exist without Nintendo.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#26Orange_ApplesPosted 10/9/2013 11:11:23 PM
ukokira1 posted...
Kamiyas twitter.

Wow, that was fun. dude was Phil Fishing it. Apparently before Phil Fish was doing it...

Of all the tweets, I think this was my favorite:
@PG_kamiya
Basically no. RT @CacaManPowa: Do Japanese people say the same dumb things that english people say to you on Twitter?

I mean, I knew people on the internet were annoying, but dear god. It was getting to a point where I was thinking these people were doing it on purpose. So many of the tweets just followed the same format. "What are your thoughts on _____?"

hmmm... I wonder if when he said that Japanese people don't say the same dumb things as English people, that means that Japanese people say their own set of dumb things... I should make a twitter and ask him :3
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#27TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/10/2013 12:04:20 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
Because no one wants and Xbone and the Wii U is an actual good platform.

The Wii U is a terrible platform.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#28MasterKatonPosted 10/10/2013 12:23:15 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
Because no one wants and Xbone and the Wii U is an actual good platform.

The Xbone is a terrible platform.

Why yes, yes it is.
---
Katon: Karyu Endan!
#29CapwnDPosted 10/10/2013 12:42:15 AM
There's a Bayonetta 2?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#30PunkMcThrustPosted 10/10/2013 12:58:29 AM
Bayonetta not profitable? Sold 500k?
It sold over 2million.
---