Why wasn't Bayonetta 2 Xbox One exclusive?

#31AvirosbPosted 10/10/2013 2:24:13 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
Because no one wants and Xbone and the Wii U is an actual good platform.

The Wii U is a terrible platform.

Depends on what you're looking for.
For someone like me, who don't watch television nor play online, only plays shooters on my PC and isn't interested in sports/racing games (aside from the occasional mascot racer), the Wii U is the most logical choice.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#32FoppePosted 10/10/2013 3:32:48 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Bayonetta not profitable? Sold 500k?
It sold over 2million.

Over 2 million?
I've only seen 1.36 million http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20100514_hosoku_e_final.pdf#page=5
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#33ukokira1Posted 10/10/2013 4:42:13 AM
MasterKaton posted...
Foppe posted...
micheal82 posted...
eastofeastside posted...

Because Nintendo swooped in first at funded it's development.

Ehm no...
Platinum wanted to make the game and Sega said no. Microsoft said no. Sony said no.
Then Nintendo came and said Take my money!

Proof?
Source?
Link?

Burden of proof is on you.

Prove it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#34sworderPosted 10/10/2013 7:17:50 AM
Foppe posted...
The game sold pretty bad on the 360/PS3, and Platinum said that the game would not even exist without Nintendo.

Platinum saving their ass because everyone raged since it's exclusive. They also gave that BS "we don't want to divide our fanbase" excuse even tho that's exactly what they're doing

Matter of fact is that Nintendo took it first. Look at how bad Microsoft is trying to take any exclusive possible, even crap like Dead Rising. Bayonetta is arguably the best hack and slash of its generation, has the reviews to back it up, sold over a million, and doesn't really need a big budget. If Sony or Microsoft had a chance to fund it, they would 100% take it just like Nintendo did
#35FoppePosted 10/10/2013 7:36:57 AM
The good old "they lied because I said so, f*** you!" counter, always a classic.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#36ExempliGratiaPosted 10/10/2013 8:54:20 AM
MasterKaton posted...
I'm so glad Nintendo got it. I want to get a Wii U, and I will never buy an Xbone. I would prefer Sony to get it, but I would prefer it on a comsole I will actually buy. Unlike the Bone. I loved the first Bayonetta.

So why are you on the Xbox One board?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#37sworderPosted 10/10/2013 9:01:39 AM
Foppe posted...
The good old "they lied because I said so, f*** you!" counter, always a classic.

Yes, because you didn't just make up out of nowhere that Sony and Microsoft said no

Even tho it makes no sense, but f*** logic
#38leatheljPosted 10/10/2013 9:29:26 AM
MasterKaton posted...
I'm so glad Nintendo got it. I want to get a Wii U, and I will never buy an Xbone. I would prefer Sony to get it, but I would prefer it on a comsole I will actually buy. Unlike the Bone. I loved the first Bayonetta.

Why are you even here? Shoo shoo sony pony back to your board I know its stale and boreing but your gonna have to #dealwithit
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#39pigman2003Posted 10/10/2013 9:31:58 AM
It'd be interesting if Sony had Bayonetta 2, then the Xbox One wouldn't be crushing it so much in exclusive games.
#40Dev0311Posted 10/10/2013 9:35:54 AM
eastofeastside posted...
Random, but while MS was racking up the X1 exclusives, why was Bayonetta 2 left to a dead platform with virtually zero audience for it? Seems like MS could have easily money-hatted this if it wanted to?

U mad? I'll be enjoying this game on my Wii U ;)