Would it be possible to connect this console directly through Windows to stream?

#1WhatPollPosted 10/9/2013 11:20:36 PM
My TV turned on and off by itself, which indicated a problem. I had to move my Xbox 360 to my PC monitor for the time being because of that. Next month, I will be getting the Xbox One (preordered it and paid it off in full).

I am on tech support with a man from MS, and he told me that it is possible wirelessly to do so, but I want to do it HDMI, because there is no audio of I cannot do it (except through headphones, which the ones I own must be around 15 years old). I know about setting it up to the monitor, but it's a pain to swap out HDMI ports to check PC if I am on 360.

Of course, MS may be worried about this leading to piracy due to direct connection to the PC.
#2FoppePosted 10/10/2013 1:19:26 AM
Get a HDMI switch and you can connect how many HDMI devices you want to your monitor.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3CapwnDPosted 10/10/2013 1:47:22 AM
My TV turned on and off by itself, which indicated a problem.

You can enable and disable "HDMI control" options in devices to enable or disable other devices from controlling them. If you're having problems like you describe, you should disable that HDMI control in the TV settings.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 3:55:45 AM
You can enable and disable "HDMI control" options in devices to enable or disable other devices from controlling them. If you're having problems like you describe, you should disable that HDMI control in the TV settings.

I am using Component cables on my HDTV. This happened after somebody in my house blew a fuse. This type of thing never happened before.

This is going to cost me around $500 to get repaired.