So far everything I hear is that the DualShock 4 is better than the Xbox One pad

#1Dark World RulerPosted 10/10/2013 7:45:03 AM
It's so strange hearing people gush over the DS4 and say it's better than the Xbox One's controller, especially from people who vastly preferred the 360 controller over the DS3.

The common thing for the DS4 is that the thumbsticks are amazingly precise with good grips at the top of them and the shape of the DS4 is the best. Also it seems that MS has a d-pad curse on them because I saw a vid from Blunty's impression of both controllers and he said the d-pad was uncomfortable to use and the DS4's was still better. HE overall said he will be going with PS4 just because of the controller.

Now, what do you think of this? MS once had the largely preferred controller, it helped the brand so much, but this gen it's so different with the DS4 making people fall in love with it. Do you think MS made the right changes or enough changes to the Xbox One controller? I have seen the new triggers and they dont look as tight as the 360's with how wide they are.

I don't know, I'm still getting both but if I prefer the DS4 like everyone else I may hardly use my Xbox One especially with the PS4's power advantage
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 10/10/2013 7:49:15 AM
I have yet to hold either controller but I really hate the PS controller I could never get used to it with triangle and square and wtf.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#3BadLuckIncPosted 10/10/2013 7:49:21 AM
I'll hold judgement until Nov 22nd, but I'm sure the X1 controller will be just fine =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#4ste_1Posted 10/10/2013 7:50:34 AM
Dark World Ruler posted...
It's so strange hearing people gush over the DS4 and say it's better than the Xbox One's controller, especially from people who vastly preferred the 360 controller over the DS3.

The common thing for the DS4 is that the thumbsticks are amazingly precise with good grips at the top of them and the shape of the DS4 is the best. Also it seems that MS has a d-pad curse on them because I saw a vid from Blunty's impression of both controllers and he said the d-pad was uncomfortable to use and the DS4's was still better. HE overall said he will be going with PS4 just because of the controller.

Now, what do you think of this? MS once had the largely preferred controller, it helped the brand so much, but this gen it's so different with the DS4 making people fall in love with it. Do you think MS made the right changes or enough changes to the Xbox One controller? I have seen the new triggers and they dont look as tight as the 360's with how wide they are.

I don't know, I'm still getting both but if I prefer the DS4 like everyone else I may hardly use my Xbox One especially with the PS4's power advantage

Just by looking at the ds4 and xbox one pad i prefer xbox1 , its smaller which i prefer.
I also prefer the sticks on xbox one i hate symmetrical sticks on ds4. Also i think the ds4 pad will be too big for young kids to use.
#5darkphiresagePosted 10/10/2013 7:51:32 AM
don't get me wrong, I'm goin with ps4 too and I'm happy DS4 is much improved. but who picks their consoles for the controller? O_o
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#6AndrewHDPosted 10/10/2013 7:51:37 AM
I played with both, they're both good. It all comes down to the games, I could care less which one of them I'm holding.
---
:Inhabitants of Peach Trees, this is Judge Dredd.
#7Kosmo240985Posted 10/10/2013 7:52:31 AM
the reason the x1 controller will always beat the ps4 controller for me and many friends that i know is the left and right thumbstick placements.

ps4 is too close together its uncomfortable, especially with bigger hands.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#8MilesTeg420Posted 10/10/2013 7:52:56 AM
The DS4 only looks big because the handles are bigger, offering a superior grip to the DS3. The DS3 really was the worst controller last gen, it's cheap as hell and the triggers are bad and easily breakable.
#9Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 7:53:21 AM
darkphiresage posted...
don't get me wrong, I'm goin with ps4 too and I'm happy DS4 is much improved. but who picks their consoles for the controller? O_o

Gamers? O_o.
---
#10Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 7:55:21 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
the reason the x1 controller will always beat the ps4 controller for me and many friends that i know is the left and right thumbstick placements.

ps4 is too close together its uncomfortable, especially with bigger hands.

Are you kidding? The first thing I noticed with the DS4 is how much space there is between the thumbsticks. The DS3 had thumbsticks that were MUCH closer together, but they are significantly spaced out on the DS4
---