Crytek on X1's DX11 support

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/10/2013 9:30:56 AM
http://gamingbolt.com/crytek-xbox-ones-architecture-allows-faster-prototyping-praises-dx11-support

“The massive leap in hardware is the most obvious thing that has helped us bring things to life with visual fidelity never seen before on a console platform. One of the big advantages over previous console generations is the graphics capabilities. Disregarding any speed improvements the modern architecture of the system and DX11 support means we can now do on console what we could do on PC.

Another advantage is having effectively a PC architecture for the CPU side of things, this allows threading models and optimizations that have been done on PC to be used, and allows faster prototyping of any of the more ambitious optimizations we have put in place,”

I know there's an uproar over every game not being 1080p/60fps standard from the very start, but I honestly believe that that will be more common next year. To be honest, I think both systems will be releasing a year too early. Both of them seem like they will be GREAT next year. This year...not so much.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#2Skynet82997Posted 10/10/2013 9:37:13 AM
Yep - despite all the negative hyperbole, ridiculous conjecture, and insults from PC elitists, there's no doubt the XB1 will have some visually amazing games in the near future....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 9:43:57 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Yep - despite all the negative hyperbole, ridiculous conjecture, and insults from PC elitists, there's no doubt the XB1 will have some visually amazing games in the near future....

I'm expecting greatness in 2014-2015. You know how games got a lot better looking this gen, towards the very end of the gen? Cause devs were getting more used to the hardware. Since we're now using PC architecture, I'm sure that will happen very quickly, but not at launch. I think in about 6 months from release, 1080p/60fps will be standard. That's my own lil theory though.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#4Skynet82997Posted 10/10/2013 9:45:46 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

I'm expecting greatness in 2014-2015. You know how games got a lot better looking this gen, towards the very end of the gen? Cause devs were getting more used to the hardware. Since we're now using PC architecture, I'm sure that will happen very quickly, but not at launch. I think in about 6 months from release, 1080p/60fps will be standard. That's my own lil theory though.

Agreed - and even the launch games - I mean, yes if you compare them to a brand new PC with a monster CPU and Graphics card they won't look as good, but look at the difference in hardware from the 360 to the X1 - it's night and day!
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5Exodus_PrimePosted 10/10/2013 10:06:41 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

Ahhhh *gasp* you can't use the word "Greatness" describing anything on Xbox One the Sony Bronies will be all over you for that man, maybe use words like I expect "awesomeness" or "epicness" or maybe one like this "amazingly" but on topic I expect greatness too.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#6khardboredPosted 10/10/2013 10:15:25 AM
The Xbox One will be a great console. I have not even a shred of doubt that this will be my most enjoyable gaming generation ever. I turn 32 tomorrow and have been gaming since I was 5. My parents still have pictures of me playing my Atari. Nothing but good times ahead of us!

I am a little worried about something though. When the NSA spies on me, my agent, Dave, will more than likely have to endure watching me have "relations" with my Xbox One. The things I will do to that console...
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#7vivalabuck92Posted 10/10/2013 10:20:51 AM
They can say whatever they want as long as I get Homefront 2. That was a guilty pleasure of mine.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#8MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 11:55:23 AM
vivalabuck92 posted...
They can say whatever they want as long as I get Homefront 2. That was a guilty pleasure of mine.

Quite honestly, I'm hoping for another Crysis. They hinted that they're likely gonna do it, but I want/need an official announcement. Don't toy with my emotions Crytek!
---
#9nmaharg81Posted 10/10/2013 12:45:41 PM
Compare the the current gen even most smart phones would be considered very powerful. But in reality the X1 is a weak ass piece of hardware when compared to and decent gaming PC or even the PS4.

Hopefully the games make up for that.
#10vivalabuck92Posted 10/10/2013 12:48:15 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...

Quite honestly, I'm hoping for another Crysis. They hinted that they're likely gonna do it, but I want/need an official announcement. Don't toy with my emotions Crytek!

I'd like them to bring back Nomad from the first game into the sequel. Doesn't even have to be playable. Prophet's story seems about done, but they might write in something for him and CryNet.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite