Good news, everyone! Futurama related and shamelessly reposted from reddit.

#21HorridhalPosted 10/10/2013 10:55:42 AM
Enclave posted...
Horridhal posted...
TMOG posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Producing a TV series is a very involved process! Netflix is to be commended for their work on Arrested Development.

Next thought: It's a good thing that Netflix stayed out of the way and let the original AD guys and gals work their magic.

Yes. No inconsistencies in that at all...

Yeah. Now read the parts of my post you didn't bold to try and create a contradiction that doesn't exist.

Different producers take different levels of involvement in the process. Some producers step back and only raise their voice if they see something that's actually an issue, some like to be at the center of every decision and just take full control of the whole project.

Netflix worked well as a producer for Arrested Development because they were minimalist in the process. Based on the track record Microsoft has already established for the Xbox One, if they were the producers they would shoehorn in a bunch of ads or Kinect **** for the show.

And even if they weren't the producers, it would certainly be in the contract.

Is this honestly hard for you to grasp?

Just to let you know:
Most of us who watched AD while it was running were disappointed with the netflix version. They did 70-80% of it in green screens and off set actors. It was a half baked season.

If they had wanted to do it well they should have brought all the actors in and shot the show rather than trying to work around schedules.

Other than that slight correction I have nothing else. Please, carry on.

So your focus group that you used to determine that "most of us who watched AD while it was running were disappointed with the netflix version" consisted of what? Just you? Because I loved Arrested Development when it first aired and I loved it when Netflix picked it up and absolutely loved the new season. The same applies to friends of mine who are fans as well. Though I'm not fool enough to think my own experiences and the experiences of my friends suddenly means "most of us".

Go google reviews of that season of arrested development. Go read reviews on any website that lets people post them. Hell, watch the first few seasons then watch the netflix season, you will see the difference.

Just because you personally liked it doesn't mean it was a good season for the show or that people en masse liked it also.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#22Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 11:38:58 AM
TMOG posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Producing a TV series is a very involved process! Netflix is to be commended for their work on Arrested Development.

Next thought: It's a good thing that Netflix stayed out of the way and let the original AD guys and gals work their magic.

Yes. No inconsistencies in that at all...

Yeah. Now read the parts of my post you didn't bold to try and create a contradiction that doesn't exist.

Different producers take different levels of involvement in the process. Some producers step back and only raise their voice if they see something that's actually an issue, some like to be at the center of every decision and just take full control of the whole project.

Netflix worked well as a producer for Arrested Development because they were minimalist in the process. Based on the track record Microsoft has already established for the Xbox One, if they were the producers they would shoehorn in a bunch of ads or Kinect **** for the show.

And even if they weren't the producers, it would certainly be in the contract.

Is this honestly hard for you to grasp?

I don't get how you can't read your own posts and see the contradiction. Would it help if I use your own direct quotes?

TMOG posted...
I'd rather see Netflix pick it up. They did a fantastic job with Arrested Development.

You went on to say the following completely contradiciting your point that Netflix was necessary for the success of Futurama because of the fantastic job they did with AD.

TMOG posted...
They were also the producers of the season, which is a far more involved job than "let's find out where we can air it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_producer#Responsibilities

Arrested Development worked so well on Netflix because they stepped back and let the original crew do what they did best. If Microsoft were to be the new producers for Futurama, you can bet your ass that you'd see a lot of ads in them.

"Hold up a bag of DORITOS when Fry does and earn 10 gamerscore!"

Also, what more did I have to read from that post? I bolded everything you posted that was relevant to Netfilx/Arrested Development. The rest of your post was baseless Microsoft bashing and suppositions.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#23HellsControllerPosted 10/10/2013 11:58:43 AM
Just the exclusive that Microsoft needed for its game console, a tv show
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#24EnclavePosted 10/10/2013 12:15:47 PM
Horridhal posted...
Go google reviews of that season of arrested development. Go read reviews on any website that lets people post them. Hell, watch the first few seasons then watch the netflix season, you will see the difference.

Just because you personally liked it doesn't mean it was a good season for the show or that people en masse liked it also.

Ahhhh, rage filled internet nerds who hate on anything that isn't exactly like it used to be when they first saw it. Gotcha.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#25Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 12:19:02 PM
HellsController posted...
Just the exclusive that Microsoft needed for its game console, a tv show

Only a fool would suggest that reviving Futurama, a critically acclaimed and emmy winning show, would be a stupid move.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#26saiyankakarotoPosted 10/10/2013 12:22:34 PM
It would be amazing,i love futuramaˇ