PS4 Eye vs. Kinect 2.0

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/10/2013 11:06:28 AM
http://www.thegameheadz.com/home/addarticles/playstation3/tabid/211/vw/1/itemid/2181/playstation-4-eye-camera-vs-kinect-20%2c-expanding-the-virtual-living-room.aspx

Personally I think that Kinect 2.0 is going to give you the better experience, simply because I've used Kinect, and it's really useful. The Playstation 4 Eye is a great way to interact with your console, and there will no doubt be some great games for it, but Kinect made it possible for me to use the same hand gestures Tom Cruise did in Minority report, and I can still turn my Xbox off by telling it to do so. I'm a complete Playstation fan boy but even I've got to admit that Kinect is the better camera and all-round gameplay immersion accessory.

So in a nutshell, both of them will likely be awesome, but the author thinks that Kinect will be slightly better, as a whole.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#2HelmesSeiferPosted 10/10/2013 11:47:04 AM
This is probably true for the most part. I just don't think the Kinect or the Eye is for everyone. The only mistake MS made was force bundling it with the console.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#3BadLuckIncPosted 10/10/2013 12:43:34 PM
HelmesSeifer posted...
This is probably true for the most part. I just don't think the Kinect or the Eye is for everyone. The only mistake MS made was force bundling it with the console.

I'm honestly glad they did. The higher price doesn't concern or put me off. I think it was a smart business mood, as more people will come around to use it...

Scientific fact: Humans don't like change and are not eager to adapt right away~
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#4EnclavePosted 10/10/2013 12:48:09 PM
BadLuckInc posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...

I'm honestly glad they did. The higher price doesn't concern or put me off. I think it was a smart business mood, as more people will come around to use it...

Scientific fact: Humans don't like change and are not eager to adapt right away~

Maybe if there was any good Kinect games that weren't dancing games people would be more eager to pay for it. However as long as only dance games make decent use out of the Kinect it will forever be viewed as a piece of garbage. The extra spying stigma doesn't help either.

Honestly, I enjoyed playing with Wii motion controls and even the PS Move more than I ever did with Kinect. Lacking a controller of any kind? Not as cool as it sounds. You lose a LOT of control capability.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#5EoinPosted 10/10/2013 1:01:16 PM
There's no doubt that Kinect is a more advanced piece of technology. The Eye is more like the original Kinect - and even then, it's inferior in some aspects (though also superior in others).

It's not really intended to go up against Kinect and match it technologically though. It's meant to track the Move (which it will do better than the PS3 camera, which already worked very well for motion controls), and do basic 3D tracking and provide a method for video or audio chat.

With regards to this specific article, though, the reasoning is quite unsound. The PS4 camera probably can track in 3D well enough to do something like the Minority Report interface, but regardless of whether it can or can't, that's not a good thing on which to base a judgement, because that's a terrible interface. It was used in the movies because it looked all swishy and futuristic, not because it would be a good real-world interface. Touch interfaces nowadays are both more mature and more usable than the Minority Report interface.
#6straymatterPosted 10/10/2013 1:27:53 PM
The new Eye seems pretty sweet, can't wait to see these duke it out in next gen and tackle some VR implementation, can they drive competition?
#7ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/10/2013 2:29:54 PM
BadLuckInc posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...

But this isn't some unpredictable feature. Motion gaming has existed for a while now. We know what to expect. Even if it is more accurate than any other motion peripheral out there, that doesn't mean it captures peoples' interest.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#8stekim40Posted 10/10/2013 3:02:48 PM
XBone Kinect MANDATORY
PSEye OPTIONAL

Can you see why my money is going to Sony even though I've never had a PS3 and was an Xbox fan for many years?

Yes.. you can see it, pity Microsoft can't..
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#9yiangaruuugaPosted 10/10/2013 3:06:33 PM
The funny thing is people still believe that Sony made the PS Eye optional for the consumer lol.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#10ProdozulPosted 10/10/2013 3:09:11 PM
Spec wise

What's the difference between the Kinect and the Eye?