Do you think advertising will ever leave the gaming industry now that it's here?

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/10/2013 2:46:07 PM
Extra questions: Are you comfortable with ads in consoles/gaming? Would it make a difference if advertising as a whole disappeared from the industry, except within the virtual stores?

Xbox appreciator or not, what is your stance?
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#2pigman2003Posted 10/10/2013 2:54:51 PM
everyone sees advertising as this big terrible thing, but the fact is that it's those advertisements that let us know when the products we want are out or a product we MIGHT want is out, hell E3 is just one big damn advertisement for the companies systems and games.
#3RollnThunder213Posted 10/10/2013 3:00:43 PM
As long as my game isn't being stopped to watch a 30 sec ad or something ridiculous like that I couldn't care less about what things Microsoft tries to sell me on the dashboard.

The vast majority of them are for newly released trailers and demos and letting me know when sales are going on, and those kind of ads I like.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#4ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 3:04:55 PM
pigman2003 posted...
everyone sees advertising as this big terrible thing, but the fact is that it's those advertisements that let us know when the products we want are out or a product we MIGHT want is out, hell E3 is just one big damn advertisement for the companies systems and games.

But we choose to see E3. Choice makes a big difference.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#5BudWisenheimerPosted 10/10/2013 3:05:56 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Extra questions: Are you comfortable with ads in consoles/gaming? Would it make a difference if advertising as a whole disappeared from the industry, except within the virtual stores?

Xbox appreciator or not, what is your stance?

I like it because it puts more money into an industry where we ultimately still get to decide what we want to buy and independent games are more supported than ever. And I especially like the possibility of opting in with Kinect. Ads are a fact of life and I really do not like random ads. And people-meters seem to only get used by the poorest consumers. So maybe this will help even things out and we can start getting ads that are relevant to us.
#6HelmesSeiferPosted 10/10/2013 3:06:01 PM
pigman2003 posted...

I know I do not want Miley Cyrus. My xbox dashboard did not need to remind of that. Also, no ad has ever made me go "I need that thing" and go buy it, but maybe I'm a different consumer than most.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 5:48:58 PM
bumpity
---
#8sworderPosted 10/10/2013 5:55:47 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
I like it because it puts more money into an industry where we ultimately still get to decide what we want to buy and independent games are more supported than ever. And I especially like the possibility of opting in with Kinect. Ads are a fact of life and I really do not like random ads. And people-meters seem to only get used by the poorest consumers. So maybe this will help even things out and we can start getting ads that are relevant to us.

the industry needs to PAY Microsoft to put their ads on the OS, which makes Microsoft (the billionaire company) profits and not the devs

the only companies that heavily advertise are the ones that are well off in the first place