so for the day one patch

#1Hidan623Posted 10/10/2013 4:14:35 PM
I know microsoft doesn't want to update every system themselves that's why there is the patch but what is they just included a disc with each xbox with the update on it for people who don't have internet??
or is that not possible haha i'm not very tech savvy
#2stekim40Posted 10/10/2013 4:17:38 PM
of course its possible.. They would easily add the patch to the system but even if they didn't want to do that, they could put the patch on a dvd very simply, a blank dvd would cost them next to nothing. pennies even

They just won't do it, so people (like 3 of my friends) who have no home internet at all, can't buy an Xbone even if they wanted one.

Epic job Microsoft. *golfclap*
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#3khardboredPosted 10/10/2013 4:20:07 PM
stekim40 posted...
of course its possible.. They would easily add the patch to the system but even if they didn't want to do that, they could put the patch on a dvd very simply, a blank dvd would cost them next to nothing. pennies even

They just won't do it, so people (like 3 of my friends) who have no home internet at all, can't buy an Xbone even if they wanted one.

So your three friends can't use your internet? A friends internet? An internet cafe? A library? A relatives internet?
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#4Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 4:20:17 PM
stekim40 posted...

yeah i mean i am getting an xbox and i have internet but i was just looking out for all the people who didn't! because i assumed you could just put it on a disc makes sense to me......
#5VeliconisPosted 10/10/2013 4:21:50 PM

I really wouldn't be surprised if some places like GameStop had some sort of way to get rid of this issue for folks without any Internet access. Maybe let 'em unbox it in the store and get it patched in there.

Also, if someone without Internet access at home REALLY wants an Xbox One, they'll find a way to get it online for the check-in removal patch.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#6Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 4:22:08 PM
khardbored posted...
stekim40 posted...

So your three friends can't use your internet? A friends internet? An internet cafe? A library? A relatives internet?

and i was up with you until you said internet cafe and library.....where would they plug their xbox in?? or are you saying bring a TV too.....that's way too much work when a DVD would be easier and can be shared with other people heck they could make it so you could burn it on your own DVD so a friend can get the update for you so you don't have to take your xbox around lol
#7khardboredPosted 10/10/2013 4:31:11 PM
I mentioned this when news first came out about the day one patch. MS had and still has time to mass produce CD's, DVDs or whatever, for each console released that needs the patch. I am sure there is a reason they are not doing it.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#8Jedi454Posted 10/10/2013 4:39:43 PM
stekim40 posted...

So it would be really hard for 3 of your friends to take their consoles to your house to update theirs? I know I would take my console to a friends place if I didn't have internet. It's common sense.
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#9VeliconisPosted 10/10/2013 4:40:03 PM
I mentioned this when news first came out about the day one patch. MS had and still has time to mass produce CD's, DVDs or whatever, for each console released that needs the patch. I am sure there is a reason they are not doing it.

Maybe they can make it downloadable to where you can put it on a flash drive and install it via that? It would be a lot more convenient for those who don't have Internet access and want to avoid having to lug their One around to a place to hook it up at.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#10NewmoonPosted 10/10/2013 4:57:24 PM
The major problem that people forget.

The Xbox One as is is designed to update via Internet connection, it likely needs a patch before it could run an update via disk or USB.

Also it's very possible that the patch won't be ready and operational until sometime in November long after the bulk of inventory has shipped.
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade