Xbone kinect confirmed to collect data to sell advertisers

#1Gamerz_FantasyPosted 10/10/2013 3:32:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXWEuJ2Wfg
#2khardboredPosted 10/10/2013 3:33:26 PM
This video has been posted before and it doesn't confirm a thing.

You're not up on current events. Go away.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3chrisromans123Posted 10/10/2013 3:35:50 PM
I don't know why people think MS won't collect data then sell it, They are a business and selling stuff to advertisers would make them some extra money.
---
XDAO Romans
#4Gamerz_Fantasy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 3:36:00 PM
date, oct 9th

alphaomegasin is enjoyable to watch, nonetheless
#5khardboredPosted 10/10/2013 3:37:58 PM
I am sure they will. It's funny how people pretend to actually care. It's only because it's MS doing it and hating on MS is the cool thing to do for the moment. Your bank, school, credit cards, phone company, facebook, google, yahoo, insurance ....they all sell your information. Go get your pitchforks and head on down to their HQs.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#6NeoMonkPosted 10/10/2013 3:42:26 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/is8on4/epicbattlecry-skirmish--211---the-joy-of-motion

Epic Battle Cry spoke about it today, lotta smart points raised & the MS double talk exposed.
Good Listen if you actually wanna know the facts.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#7NewbiusPosted 10/10/2013 3:44:31 PM
chrisromans123 posted...
I don't know why people think MS won't collect data then sell it, They are a business and selling stuff to advertisers would make them some extra money.

So what you are saying is its ok for Microsoft to collect data in the privacy of your own home and sell it? Business or not, that's not cool and I don't care if you intentionally connected the Kinect or not. It's invasion of privacy. Period.
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 10/10/2013 3:49:59 PM
I must be getting old.

At first I was annoyed that people actually cared what celebrities had to say about things, then they started caring about what reality show stars had to say. Now people are actually listening to people on youtube, and that annoys the hell out of me. ;)

I don't understand you kids these days.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#9SunDevil77Posted 10/10/2013 3:52:58 PM
Gamerz_Fantasy posted...
alphaomegasin is enjoyable to watch

To see the very worst of Youtube? Yes. Yes he is.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10MrImpatient35Posted 10/10/2013 3:54:19 PM
khardbored posted...
I am sure they will. It's funny how people pretend to actually care. It's only because it's MS doing it and hating on MS is the cool thing to do for the moment. Your bank, school, credit cards, phone company, facebook, google, yahoo, insurance ....they all sell your information. Go get your pitchforks and head on down to their HQs.

The only way to avoid that is to be...Amish? Those people who don't use any technology.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/