Xbone kinect confirmed to collect data to sell advertisers

#21chrisromans123Posted 10/10/2013 5:09:21 PM
Newbius posted...
chrisromans123 posted...
I don't know why people think MS won't collect data then sell it, They are a business and selling stuff to advertisers would make them some extra money.

So what you are saying is its ok for Microsoft to collect data in the privacy of your own home and sell it? Business or not, that's not cool and I don't care if you intentionally connected the Kinect or not. It's invasion of privacy. Period.

No I don't think it's ok which is one reason why I wish they had a kinect free version.
---
XDAO Romans
#22FableOwnsPosted 10/11/2013 9:24:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23Sin_Angelus_Posted 10/11/2013 11:16:55 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
What I love the most about this whole debate is that it doesn't matter if you're right about everything, you're still being foolish. Even if every premise that you make is granted to you, (so, let's assume that yes, microsoft is collecting data to sell, and yes they're doing it without an opt-in choice) the fact that you are right is entirely accidental. It has nothing to do with the available evidence because, surprise surprise, there isn't any. Randomly grasping at straws and ending up being right isn't cleverness on your part, it's luck.

Well put.
#24Exodus_PrimePosted 10/11/2013 11:34:25 AM
FableOwns posted...
lol!

that video was awesome i was laughing so hard at the things he said. "brown eye surprise"

ps4 is gonna s**t on xbone

Trolololololol let's go Broniestation broski.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#25FinzFan4lifePosted 10/11/2013 12:45:38 PM
FableOwns posted...
lol!

that video was awesome i was laughing so hard at the things he said. "brown eye surprise"

ps4 is gonna s**t on xbone

Yeah what is so special about the ps4?
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#26kyncaniPosted 10/11/2013 10:05:02 PM
unclekoolaid73 posted...
XBOXvsPC posted...
Thank goodness. So now is fact, money will not be (never was btw) a problem for the 10 years or so of the console.
Xbox One support guaranteed.

Yep all at the price of our privacy.

And now everyone is just abandoning the sinking ship.