What's the big deal about MS collecting kinect info on you for ads?

#1Pokerkid777Posted 10/10/2013 5:01:20 PM
Seriously, the only thing these business companies care about is to make more money. So at best, they really don't give a crap about your personal life unless it relates to their products. If anything, this info collection will only help you since you will now see ads that are more relevant to you. So seriously, stop whining about this feature. It's only here to help, not hurt.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#2khardboredPosted 10/10/2013 5:02:20 PM
Everyone does it. But it's cool to hate on MS, c'mon man. Get with it.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3XBOXvsPCPosted 10/10/2013 5:18:53 PM
Because if you don't bash MS you might end up having to remove your video, to say the least.
When you rely on a rating bar to keep your channel, hating on Xbox is your best bet nowadays.
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#4unclekoolaid73Posted 10/10/2013 5:22:23 PM
Why does MS or any huge corporation for that matter need to know what soda I drink? Why do they need to know this? What is so fascinating about me and my beverage choice? Why does it mater what cola I enjoy? What is their need for this info?
#5Gamerz_FantasyPosted 10/10/2013 5:23:22 PM
its not enough bashing xbone. they already make a ton of $ off their advertisements already. They just took it to the next level. Anyone with half a brain would not support this. its not about being a fanboy or hating. If sony did the same thing people would be hating them too
#6Troika19Posted 10/10/2013 5:25:34 PM
Well it's official fanboys will support anything.
---
Classic Gamefaqs, you ask a harmless, genuine question and get bombarded by 10 year olds.
#7bob15xPosted 10/10/2013 5:27:58 PM
Gamerz_Fantasy posted...
its not enough bashing xbone. they already make a ton of $ off their advertisements already. They just took it to the next level. Anyone with half a brain would not support this. its not about being a fanboy or hating. If sony did the same thing people would be hating them too

but you have half a brain, if you had a whole brain you would realize you can opt out of it. That is called CHOICE.

so what is the problem?
#8bob15xPosted 10/10/2013 5:29:12 PM
Troika19 posted...
Well it's official fanboys will support anything.

because when there is no issue what so ever because you can choose to opt out and no data is collected and sent.

only a fanboy like you would completely ignore that fact.

guess what, sony is doing it too, they already said they were in their ps4 reveal.

OOPS
#9Gamerz_FantasyPosted 10/10/2013 5:31:58 PM
bob15x posted...
Gamerz_Fantasy posted...

but you have half a brain, if you had a whole brain you would realize you can opt out of it. That is called CHOICE.

so what is the problem?

The problem is that people are CHOOSING to support Microsoft decisions and say anything just to defend it.
#10FriedLemonPosted 10/10/2013 5:40:41 PM
I'm going to lay down some facts about what MS has done and afterwards you can tell me if it's still a big deal or not.

MS was charging for XBL while all other online gaming services were free.

MS then adds advertisement on the XBL dashboard despite still charging their users a
subscription fee.

MS wanted to introduce DRM policies which completely destroys the rights of the consumer.

MS now wants to collect your personal data which is data that can be sold to advertising agencies.

You got one thing right, MS only cares about making more money, to the point where they will destroy any and all rights of the consumer. They only rescinded their policies when they saw the preorder numbers of the X1, not when everyone and their dog was outraged over it.

Make no mistake, this is a slippery slope with MS. The more you let them get away with the more BS they will try to pull on you.