wait...the term "Xbone" was not because....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. wait...the term "Xbone" was not because....
2 years ago#1
of all the dog memes after the xbox reveal as well as the thought of getting "boned" for buying one?

never thought people called it Xbone as a legitimate shortcut/nickname. always thought "X1" was the obvious/smarter choice
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
2 years ago#2
I think Xbone rolls off the tongue better than X1.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
2 years ago#3
jellybeanmaster posted...
of all the dog memes after the xbox reveal as well as the thought of getting "boned" for buying one?

never thought people called it Xbone as a legitimate shortcut/nickname. always thought "X1" was the obvious/smarter choice

X1 is a car made by BMW. X1 is also a new service from Comcast.
2 years ago#4
but nicknaming after a dog treat doesnt sound odd??
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
2 years ago#5
XBox One was a crap name to begin with so it was immediately doomed to have a crap abbreviation. It's basically XBone cause of process of elimination....
2 years ago#6
Speaking as a proponent of the console, anyone who finds the nickname "xbone" offensive needs to get thicker skin. It's just a nickname. Not a particularly witty or offensive one at that. Get over it. Embrace it. It's not going away.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
2 years ago#7
i personally see

xbone = Cross bones

so i dislike it and find it like most things on this board an attack on microsoft by sony fans
2 years ago#8
mrpic posted...
i personally see

xbone = Cross bones

so i dislike it and find it like most things on this board an attack on microsoft by sony fans

You realize Microsoft attacked itself right? The Japanese have a historical term for what MS metaphorically did with their E3 showing... it is called seppuku.
---
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif
(message deleted)
2 years ago#10
They must have intended for it to be abbreviated as XBOne, otherwise MS wouldn't have named it the X Box One.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GqJTaKQ.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. wait...the term "Xbone" was not because....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived