YR: A year later microsoft reimplements its DRM policies.

#61ChickenfrogmanPosted 10/13/2013 12:22:56 PM
Laugh wildly at the people who actually thought Microsoft would pass up an opportunity to **** them in the rear.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#62TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/13/2013 1:27:10 PM
Enclave posted...
CapwnD posted...
Crazyman93 posted...
Laugh my ass off since I knew they're perfectly able to change it back since they changed it so quickly in the first place.
I won't touch XB1.

Like I said... too young to even know what a root kit is.

You bring up the root kit scandal why exactly? Suggesting that Sony will do it again? No, they won't. It was illegal and cost them a lot of money from being sued and dealing with the recalls.

Totally different scenarios here.

Sony does something illegal: "It's okay, I'll give money to them"

Microsoft backtracks before doing something legal: "BACKSTABBERS!!!!!! RAGEEEEEEE!"
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#63assassin10133Posted 10/13/2013 2:30:47 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
assassin10133 posted...

MS has already stated that they will be bringing back the digital features they originally proposed which include the need to have DRM

Give me a link to them saying that or GTFO.

They have only ever said that they were looking into bringing back features that were removed. Fanboys and trolls have twisted this in their screwed up brains to mean that they will bring back DRM, but they never said that.

I'll paste in the next part of the sentence you started to quote from me: "but also that they will continue to allow physical discs the same way they do now." Meaning you'll have a choice.

And if you actually read the part you quoted, I didn't say they're bringing back DRM, I said they'll bring back the features that require it, you know, as in to stop people from abusing it? DRM was never the actual goal or purpose of MS' original plan, but it was needed to keep piracy in check under that original plan. How the heck do you think they should bring back the digital features without some kind of online check in? The difference is you'll have a choice which is what they should of done in the first place to avoid all the backlash.
#64jakisthePosted 10/13/2013 2:36:40 PM
...wait are there seriously people who think the old policies on the XB1 were a good thing?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#65SilentS89Posted 10/13/2013 2:53:23 PM
jakisthe posted...
...wait are there seriously people who think the old policies on the XB1 were a good thing?

Sony Ponies seriously applauded the way the old policies sabotaged the Xbox brand.
#66Mr_arizonaPosted 10/13/2013 10:52:20 PM
GiannyBoy0924 posted...
does anyone know if you can sue based on inaccurate advertising?

Microsoft covered themselves pretty good in the terms of use. It basically is like 57 lines of we have the right to add, change, remove, enforce anything we want at a moments notice. But like I said the 1 thing they won't do is hurt profits so the DRM thing is dead for as long as the X1 will be around.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#67IvanKozlovPosted 10/14/2013 7:00:52 AM
jakisthe posted...

If you couldn't care less about physical copies and planned on going full digital, there were quite a few perks to the DRM.
---
For the night is dark and full of terrors.
#68zerooo0Posted 10/14/2013 7:03:51 AM
Depends how they implement them. If it was as complicated as before then I will simply sell my Xbox One for the PS4.

If it's like Steam then I can deal with it.Key thing is for MS though......MAKE THE DRM AS SIMPLE AS STEAM!!!!
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#69IvanKozlovPosted 10/14/2013 7:07:29 AM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...
Depends how they implement them. If it was as complicated as before then I will simply sell my Xbox One for the PS4.

If it's like Steam then I can deal with it.Key thing is for MS though......MAKE THE DRM AS SIMPLE AS STEAM!!!!

It would have been. If you bought digital, literally all you had to do was be connected to the internet once every 24 hours. That was the entire DRM.
---
For the night is dark and full of terrors.
#70SilentS89Posted 10/14/2013 3:19:47 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
zerooo0 posted...

It would have been. If you bought digital, literally all you had to do was be connected to the internet once every 24 hours. That was the entire DRM.

Literally all you had to do was check in with your parole officer once every 24 hours, that was the entire parole.