Why do the fanboys always blame trolls for the Xbox One's negative reception?

#11SunDevil77Posted 10/11/2013 5:21:47 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
The people who try to act like you're punting their child....

That's a BAD thing?

Punt the baby! Punt the baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2nukC2g3c0

Goood memories :D
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#12Dart1146Posted 10/11/2013 5:37:14 AM
Masterchief5525 posted...
Did you see the negative comments on the Toys R Us video? No regular person will go that far, it was a bunch of sony fanboys that had nothing better to do with their time.

While I will admit that there is some truth to this, I would say that it was more a result of the garbage community that YouTube has...

To say that verbal abuse and racist comments from the YouTube community is only from Sony fanboys is very presumptuous.
---
If you put an "A" in "definitely", you're definitely an "A" hole...
#13Special-EddPosted 10/11/2013 6:09:31 AM(edited)
LightningaIe posted...
Well, like you said: troll always exist. And they always will. But to constantly blame trolls for all the bad decisions Microsoft made to give themselves this tainted image is ridiculous. It doesn't overshadow the massive waves of people giving legitimate criticism.

How is it possible to distinguish the massive waves of criticism amongst the oceans of trolls? See the dilemma? Trolls are part of the issue here. I don't think anyone is going to blame a troll for a poor decision MS made but when people are harassing and instigating others because they choose to buy an XB1 then it isn't legitimate criticism.

Anti-consumer business choices tend to have that effect on people. Yeah, I know people will tout how they reversed them, but the damage is already done. And there's no guarantee MS wouldn't try to reimplement some earlier ideas later down the road.

There is certainly no guarantee MS won't try to implement some of their ideas, but then again there isn't a guarantee that their vision won't be the future of gaming regardless of who implements those same ideas into their system.

If anti-consumer choices lead to trolls acting out then maybe what we need is more constructive criticism and less trolling. Trolls only do more harm since they will drown out legitimate complaints with ridiculous claims and fanning the flame wars.

People may claim "oh, that's just being paranoid and ridiculous! No company would be that stupid!"

It would most certainly be a stupid move if they decided to do that. Was it a bad idea in the first place? I'd say so. So making the same mistake twice seems unlikely if they went through the trouble of reversing it to begin with.

Same things were said about the rumors of XB1 requiring an internet connection and restricting used games, and we all saw how that turned out when the system was unveiled.

I think a lot of people against the controversial decisions were in denial. I myself was one of them although I was willing to accept some of these ideas. Overall I'm glad the reversals happened although stuff like family share seemed like an interesting concept.

So no, at this point there's no putting anything past MS regardless of what the fanboys will say.

I'd say the same for any company who has had some troubling news in the past. Sony is certainly not 100% innocent in all of their endeavors. I could never bring myself to forget their DRM rootkit scandal that was brushed off so nonchalantly that it made my ears steam.

I certainly don't think any major company who should know better deserves a free pass. If people are still willing to buy their products at the end of the day it is their decision.

---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#14zephirrainesPosted 10/11/2013 9:18:34 AM
Its simple. No one bought the One yet and MS listened to the consumers. Real consumers got over it. Only ponies clinging to reasons to hate the xbox hold the animosity and ignore the fact that sony has screwed
Over consumers in the past.
#15Exodus_PrimePosted 10/11/2013 9:23:30 AM
Here's a possible way to distinguish the fanboys...like DEV

http://leviathyn.com/games/opinion/2013/07/11/xbox-one-petition-to-restore-drm-is-a-problem-in-itself-but-the-people-endorsing-it-are-even-worse/
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#16EvilScythePosted 10/11/2013 9:28:21 AM
zephirraines posted...
Its simple. No one bought the One yet and MS listened to the consumers. Real consumers got over it. Only ponies clinging to reasons to hate the xbox hold the animosity and ignore the fact that sony has screwed
Over consumers in the past.

^This guy gets it. Bunch of pathetic hypocrites around here.
#17jon davisPosted 10/11/2013 9:50:11 AM
Did you see the negative comments on the Toys R Us video? No regular person will go that far, it was a bunch of sony fanboys that had nothing better to do with their time.

Really? REALLY? Have you ever seen the comments on any Youtube video? People will say anything they like no matter how vile just because they wont get a smack in the mouth from behind a computer screen.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#18Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/11/2013 10:14:43 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
The people who try to act like you're punting their child....

That's a BAD thing?

Punt the baby! Punt the baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2nukC2g3c0

Goood memories :D
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh198/HENOCBARRERA_7_photos/BABALITY.gif
#19LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 10/11/2013 10:16:12 AM

I seen those comments, it was both ps4 and xb1 fans going at it. To assume it was all ps4 is very silly.
#20AlexanaxelaPosted 10/11/2013 10:17:40 AM
if you don't like the xbone then you're a troll

there i said it
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.