Are game developers abandoning Xbox?

#51Shik_stickPosted 10/11/2013 3:15:55 PM
zephirraines posted...
Shik_stick posted...
crucial posted...
PS4 launch looks butt so they have to make up excuses,give me DR3,TF and Halo over anything Sony has to offer,I am good with the Indiestation I want real game's.

Oh and KZ is very shallow and generic with a community that will last 2 months top's then the game will be dead like the last 3,looks pretty but plays like doodoo like the rest of them,oh and Knack what a horrible looking game,PS4 launch is butt.

Either you arent being serios or you have the mental capacity of my dog...but either way here i go.

Trash the indies all you want, i accept that. Not everyone likes thde indie scene. But let met me hit on some other games here.

Killzone- Not my cup of tea as i dont like shooters but you cant argue with facts like it having double the preorders than any X1 title.

Knack- Hate all you want, its the single highest praised launch title by those who have gotten hands on time with it.

Driveclub- Again not my cup of tea but its pretty much winning over everyone who has played it and Forza.

Down the line we have inFAMOUS which looks better thanything shown so far. Then The Order, which is getting a lot of hype now and looks amazing. FF14ARR , DCUO, Warframe, PLANETSIDE, Deepdown, Soma,DW8XL, Injustice, Diablo 3, Yakuza Ishin and so on. I can keep going.

Now before you say anything about timed exclusives or console exclusives just think about that as X1s biggest hitters are in the same boat. And before you say anything about F2P...Killer INstinct is the worst example of F2P I have seen... so yeah.

And this just some of the announced games for year one. Id say MS has some catching up to do.

Hey pony show some links because no one is saying driveclub and knack are any good while forza and titanfall won a lot of awards already.

Guys are getting more delusional everyday. Bragging about infamous isnt smart either considering infamous 2 bombed in sales.

Lol grow up a little bit and then come back. As for links, just do some research . I sure you can handle that. But way to ignore everything else i said.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#52Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/11/2013 3:16:23 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
The great majority of those exclusives are Indie Games with no release date other than 2014.

Halo 5 release date: 2014...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#53Lefty128kPosted 10/11/2013 3:19:31 PM
zinsindetta posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Viryu posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Indie crap will make your list bigger but not better. I never even heard of games like

You've mentioned 41 games, but some of them belong to multiplatform category, so I won't count those for the equation in the first post (along with Lily Bergamo). 33 titles out of those were counted into the 90 exclusives I counted, so it's 66 games left. Lets also remove that one timed exclusive, and it's 65. Now lets do the same for Xbox and remove what we don't want or never heard about, meaning, unknown indies, kinecrap and timed exclusives:

[list of games]

That's 11 games to remove from the list of 24, leaving only 13 exclusives left. Now the final score is PS4 66 vs Xbox One 13.

It started as......
"PS4 90 vs One 24"

After complaining about indie games.....
PS4 66 vs XBone 13

LMAO, you Xbot fanboys should have just shut the **** up about indies.

Expect the games he removed were not indie games. Epic fail was epic.

He specifically lists "unknown indies" as removed.

So you were saying what about failing?
#54zinsindettaPosted 10/11/2013 3:25:28 PM
Lefty128k posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Viryu posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Indie crap will make your list bigger but not better. I never even heard of games like

You've mentioned 41 games, but some of them belong to multiplatform category, so I won't count those for the equation in the first post (along with Lily Bergamo). 33 titles out of those were counted into the 90 exclusives I counted, so it's 66 games left. Lets also remove that one timed exclusive, and it's 65. Now lets do the same for Xbox and remove what we don't want or never heard about, meaning, unknown indies, kinecrap and timed exclusives:

[list of games]

That's 11 games to remove from the list of 24, leaving only 13 exclusives left. Now the final score is PS4 66 vs Xbox One 13.

It started as......
"PS4 90 vs One 24"

PS4 66 vs XBone 13

He removed these games.

Below
Cobalt
Fantasia: Music Evolved
The Fighter Within
Kinect Sports Rivals
LocoCycle
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Peggle 2
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Powerstar Golf
Xbox Fitness (APP, REALLY)

Those games are not all unknown indies. You, yes you fail. That is what I was saying and yet you still keep doing it. What didn't think I could go back and research it since you left that part out.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#55pigman2003Posted 10/11/2013 3:26:45 PM
Viryu posted...
I was lately doing a sum up of games and noticed something awkward

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Xbox One exclusive: 14
One/360/PC exclusive: 7
Timed exclusivity: 3
Total: 24
Among which: Kinect-only - 4
Other: Multiplatform - 47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

PS4 exclusive: 31 (30 on the wiki list, but Onigiri* wasn't there yet)
PS4/PS3/PC exclusive: 58
Timed exclusivity: 1
Total: 90
Among which: F2P - 11 (*10)
Other: Multiplatform - 60

End results:
PS4 90 vs One 24

MS was saying how they pumped billions into their exclusive games, but PS4 has nearly 4 times more games in the works, and if you count out timed exclusivity, it's even worse for MS. For some strange reason, PS4 even has more multiplatforms (Wii U, etc), which even further worsens Xbox's situation.

Do you think game developers are abandoning Xbox after their horrible policies during the current gen, and in the latter half losing the the lead to PS3? Not to mention PS4 has a huge lead if you were to believe preorders, different polls and critical reception.

You can't count indie games, the PS4 is set up so that any Joe can put a game on it, it would be like saying the PC has a billion exclusives. Not to mention some games announced for the PS4 are also going to be on the Xbox One like EDF and Guilty Gear Xrd but the devs just haven't said anything yet, the same thing happened with Kingdom hearts 3.

Because of the massive influx of indie games and devs paid to keep their mouths shut on timed exclusivity, it's near impossible to actually compare a total number of games and the value they hold for each platform.
#56SonyPonyTonyPosted 10/11/2013 3:28:49 PM
zin you are TRASHING Lefty at every turn
#57Lefty128kPosted 10/11/2013 3:56:04 PM
zinsindetta posted...
Lefty128k posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Viryu posted...

[list of games]

It started as......
"PS4 90 vs One 24"

PS4 66 vs XBone 13

He removed these games.

Below
Cobalt
Fantasia: Music Evolved
The Fighter Within
Kinect Sports Rivals
LocoCycle
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Peggle 2
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Powerstar Golf
Xbox Fitness (APP, REALLY)

Those games are not all unknown indies. You, yes you fail. That is what I was saying and yet you still keep doing it. What didn't think I could go back and research it since you left that part out.

Did he say he removed indies? Yes

Did you say he did not remove indies? Yes

Who is incorrect? You.

And no amount of backpedaling or paltry semantics will change that.
#58pigman2003Posted 10/11/2013 4:01:01 PM
I'm buying a next gen console to play next gen games and the PS4 only has 5, Killzone, The Order, Infamous, Driveclub, and Knack.

The Xbox One has 11, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer instinct, Forza 5, TItanfall, D4, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Fable legends, Sunset Overdrive, and Zoo Tycoon.

Indie games are a dime a dozen, I can get them On PC.

I don't care about games that are being ported from last gen consoles like Diablo 3 or Injustice.

When it comes down to it 3rd party devs that make full retail games are going to release games on both systems unless paid not to.

And the Xbox One is becoming more indie friendly by the day, I wouldn't be surprised to see most of those indie games on the Xbox One in a year or so.
#59Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/11/2013 4:22:24 PM
pigman2003 posted...
I'm buying a next gen console to play next gen games

pigman2003 posted...
Zoo Tycoon.

you can't be serious with that statement...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#60SabramPosted 10/11/2013 6:03:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]