Are game developers abandoning Xbox?

#71THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 10/12/2013 12:09:53 AM
Seems like it. I still wanna know why Xbox fans have suddenly 180'd on indies this year...

Considering how Summer of Arcade are normally a big deal for 360 owners.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#72DemonedgePosted 10/12/2013 1:05:21 PM
It's interesting how none of the Xbox Live Arcade exclusive games counted as Xbox 360 exclusives when people compared the consoles this generation, but for next generation all the indie games PS4 have are included in the comparisons.
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
#73zephirrainesPosted 10/12/2013 1:27:36 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Seems like it. I still wanna know why Xbox fans have suddenly 180'd on indies this year...

I want to know why indies count on ps4 but didnt when 360 had over 3000.

Either the ps3 got killed in exclusives because indies count or the ps4 is getting killed because indies dont count.

That is the real issue.
#74kyncaniPosted 10/12/2013 1:34:29 PM
zephirraines posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...

I want to know why indies count on ps4 but didnt when 360 had over 3000.

Either the ps3 got killed in exclusives because indies count or the ps4 is getting killed because indies dont count.

That is the real issue.

It would be pretty dumb to ignore games like Sine Mora just because they're made by independent developers without the use of a publisher.

PS: Sine Mora is awesome, go play it now :)
#75ExempliGratiaPosted 10/12/2013 2:06:29 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
pigman2003 posted...
I'm buying a next gen console to play next gen games

pigman2003 posted...
Zoo Tycoon.

you can't be serious with that statement...

Don't forget, Killer Instinct, running at 720P

Oh no not 720p how will we survive.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#76riddlebox13Posted 10/12/2013 2:13:19 PM
Viryu posted...
I was lately doing a sum up of games and noticed something awkward

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Xbox One exclusive: 14
One/360/PC exclusive: 7
Timed exclusivity: 3
Total: 24
Among which: Kinect-only - 4
Other: Multiplatform - 47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

PS4 exclusive: 31 (30 on the wiki list, but Onigiri* wasn't there yet)
PS4/PS3/PC exclusive: 58
Timed exclusivity: 1
Total: 90
Among which: F2P - 11 (*10)
Other: Multiplatform - 60

End results:
PS4 90 vs One 24

MS was saying how they pumped billions into their exclusive games, but PS4 has nearly 4 times more games in the works, and if you count out timed exclusivity, it's even worse for MS. For some strange reason, PS4 even has more multiplatforms (Wii U, etc), which even further worsens Xbox's situation.

Do you think game developers are abandoning Xbox after their horrible policies during the current gen, and in the latter half losing the the lead to PS3? Not to mention PS4 has a huge lead if you were to believe preorders, different polls and critical reception.

No, I think they will be abandoned over how poorly they treat their developers. A recent article came out about developers speaking anonymously saying that the PS4 is about 40% faster than the Xbox One, but if they don't gimp the the game to Xbox One's max settings that Microsoft has threatened to ban their games period. That will kill developers from going to Microsoft.
#77zephirrainesPosted 10/12/2013 3:22:00 PM
riddlebox13 posted...
Viryu posted...

End results:
PS4 90 vs One 24

MS was saying how they pumped billions into their exclusive games, but PS4 has nearly 4 times more games in the works, and if you count out timed exclusivity, it's even worse for MS. For some strange reason, PS4 even has more multiplatforms (Wii U, etc), which even further worsens Xbox's situation.

Do you think game developers are abandoning Xbox after their horrible policies during the current gen, and in the latter half losing the the lead to PS3? Not to mention PS4 has a huge lead if you were to believe preorders, different polls and critical reception.

No, I think they will be abandoned over how poorly they treat their developers. A recent article came out about developers speaking anonymously saying that the PS4 is about 40% faster than the Xbox One, but if they don't gimp the the game to Xbox One's max settings that Microsoft has threatened to ban their games period. That will kill developers from going to Microsoft.

Ponies still siting the anonymous Edge article. Desperate. If devs were running then why does xbox have more exclusives from third parties and dlc first while sony has what? Oh yeah times indies.
#78riddlebox13Posted 10/12/2013 3:24:58 PM
zephirraines posted...
riddlebox13 posted...
Viryu posted...

End results:
PS4 90 vs One 24

Ponies still siting the anonymous Edge article. Desperate. If devs were running then why does xbox have more exclusives from third parties and dlc first while sony has what? Oh yeah times indies.

That's cute. You've been blinded by your fanboism and can't see straight. One day in America ignorance won't be such a cute quality though.
#79zinsindettaPosted 10/12/2013 3:57:00 PM
ExampliaGratia posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
pigman2003 posted...
I'm buying a next gen console to play next gen games

pigman2003 posted...
Zoo Tycoon.

you can't be serious with that statement...

Haha, spoiled kids nowadays do not understand what we went through growing up playing our Commodore 64's and NES games.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#80Viryu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 2:52:04 AM
zinsindetta posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Haha, spoiled kids nowadays do not understand what we went through growing up playing our Commodore 64's and NES games.

To be fair, it were Xbox fanboys that started this whole campaign with how their games will run in 4k.