I understand the day one patch is inconvenient

#1vgsrulePosted 10/11/2013 7:35:11 AM
It's inconvenient for people without Internet, could have been put on disc, and overall it would be better if it didn't need to happen.

But is it really THAT big of a deal? It's one time only. ONE time. Are you really somewhere where you cannot access internet one time? None of your friends or family? None of your neighbors? No hotspots with TV access? No schools or libraries that would give you permission? Nothing at all?

I did not have high speed internet for the first couple years I owned the Xbox. To download digital games and such, I took it to a friends house. I did not yell on the internet...
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#2Jedi454Posted 10/11/2013 7:38:35 AM
It's 2013, not 1996, the internet is everywhere.
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#3DarkJaydragonPosted 10/11/2013 7:49:59 AM
I don't have the internet!

*This message was posted from my internet.*
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 10/11/2013 7:57:59 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
It's 2013, not 1996, the internet is everywhere.

People think this. It's not true. Especially if you don't live in a few select countries. Even in America there are places with internet so s****y it would take hours to download a patch like this.
#5BadLuckIncPosted 10/11/2013 7:59:12 AM
People that don't have the internet shouldn't worry about buying these consoles to be honest lol. It's like owning a computer and crying you can't do anything with it... because you don't have the internet!

Or someone crying their new cell phone doesn't receive any signal or 4GLTE in the North Pole... Then don't buy a freaking new Cell Phone from some Polar Bears if you know it's not going to work if you live there!
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#6DarkJaydragonPosted 10/11/2013 8:00:27 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
People that don't have the internet shouldn't worry about buying these consoles to be honest lol. It's like owning a computer and crying you can't do anything with it... because you don't have the internet!

Or someone crying their new cell phone doesn't receive any signal or 4GLTE in the North Pole... Then don't buy a freaking new Cell Phone from some Polar Bears if you know it's not going to work if you live there!

I bought a mobile phone from some polar bears once, the phone was broken but I couldn't get out of the contract because of the get-out claws.

*Runs.*
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 10/11/2013 8:01:18 AM
BadLuckInc posted...

^ This...topics about this issue shouldn't be made anymore seriously.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#8BadLuckIncPosted 10/11/2013 8:02:45 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
BadLuckInc posted...

I bought a mobile phone from some polar bears once, the phone was broken but I couldn't get out of the contract because of the get-out claws.

*Runs.*

Better the Polar Bears than those Socially Awkward Penguins. Those guys will try to cheat you for sure!
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#9Joey-ZazaPosted 10/11/2013 8:48:23 AM
Wow I don't even have ELECTRICITY you're telling me I need POWER to play games?

And a TV!??? WoWWWWWWWW
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#10AzaneAzerPosted 10/11/2013 9:03:12 AM(edited)
vgsrule posted...
It's inconvenient for people without Internet, could have been put on disc, and overall it would be better if it didn't need to happen.

But is it really THAT big of a deal? It's one time only. ONE time. Are you really somewhere where you cannot access internet one time? None of your friends or family? None of your neighbors? No hotspots with TV access? No schools or libraries that would give you permission? Nothing at all?

I did not have high speed internet for the first couple years I owned the Xbox. To download digital games and such, I took it to a friends house. I did not yell on the internet...

It is a big deal for people without internet.

Thats about 15% of Xbox360 owners.

For people saying "People without internet shouldn't buy consoles", you're basically using the same logic microsoft does, they keep alienating people wanting to buy their systems with really silly little reasons. Even the silly things like the fact you have the entire xbone community connecting day 1 to DL the patch, if it's something silly like the GTA:One fiasco, you have Hundreds of Thousands of people having a small issue with the server causing them hours and hours of stress, just because Microsoft wanted to be innovative by forcing DRM down people's throats, on a media that doesn't even have pirating issues (Most companies spend more money on anti-piracy than piracy actually remove, and the insane inconveniences of some systems.... Btw, enjoy Games for windows Live in a few months, it's shutting down and dozens of games are going to become unplayable)