It's Time to Face Reality

#1Dev0311Posted 10/11/2013 9:29:09 AM
The majority of people still have a bitter taste in their mouths about the Xbone, that much is very obvious.

With only 1+ month Til launch, I'm not sure MS has done enough to salvage the situation.

Honestly, when's the last time any real good news has been heard about the Xbone? All I see is frantic attempts to sugarcoat a sour apple. Like announcing that Blockbuster Video set 'preorder records', as though preorder numbers even matter. Or trying to shoehorn Xbone into Toys R Us' hottest toy list and then getting absolutely blasted out of the water by the Internet, which by the way actually does represent popular opinion in most cases.

It's time to face reality that MS still has a steep uphill battle and people have not forgotten E3. Gamers especially have excellent memories and too many bridges have been burned.

The only people I see excited about Xbone here on its own board are the same dozen or so people who sound like they're miserably forced to like it. It's sad that we can not feel any true excitement from anyone but these few people, who then automatically call Xbone critics 'cheap PS4 fanboys'.

If a higher price tag is the only advantage you can find against the competition, then it's time to face reality. Trying to argue that $500 will shut out the angry, less wealthy people is a joke, especially when XBL itself is a cesspool of anger, racism and homophobia.

Us Xbone critics are not trolls, we are just talking about exactly what we see happening, which is a massive trainwreck that apparently is still in motion. Now enjoy flaming me and calling me a PS4 fanboy. If anything though, I'm a gaming fanboy, and I give everything a fair chance. It just so happens that MS has not done enough to change my negative opinion about Xbone. They've had months to change perceptions and still, nothing. That's all.
#2AzaneAzerPosted 10/11/2013 9:34:14 AM(edited)
They've only gotten worse since E3

the only "Positive" news the system has received at all, were reversals of their original policies, which were borderline ransomware (you can't play YOUR games, unless we say you can)

They keep having their Execs say stupid things, and firing their top execs, hoping that it somehow removes all the negative PR, they make fun of a girl for being transgender publically, and play it off.

They've invested too much into the Kinect 2, that nobody cares about, and will let the extra pricetag being passed along to it's consumers drag the system's sales down even further, and won't release a system without the cam.
#3THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 10/11/2013 9:35:41 AM
They need to give the Xbone a new coming out event or something. They need to get the E3 show out of peoples heads.

People are still angry.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#4EllesarienPosted 10/11/2013 9:38:22 AM
We got it Champ. You don't like MS or the X-1.

In fact, we knew that about a month ago.

I seriously hope you are being paid to make multiple anti-MS or anti-X-1 threads a day, because if you aren't...My god...what a waste of a life.

I look forward to another thread from you tomorrow or even later today once again stating for the 240th time that you have issues with MS and the X-1.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#5CasualGamersPosted 10/11/2013 9:38:48 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
They've only gotten worse since E3

the only "Positive" news the system has received at all, were reversals of their original policies, which were borderline ransomware (you can't play YOUR games, unless we say you can)

They keep having their Execs say stupid things, and firing their top execs, hoping that it somehow removes all the negative PR, they make fun of a girl for being transgender publically, and play it off.I

They've invested too much into the Kinect 2, that nobody cares about, and will let the extra pricetag being passed along to it's consumers drag the system's sales down even further, and won't release a system without the cam.

:-( I had no idea that they made fun of Trans gender people.

Is there a link to this?
#6epicfailtryhardPosted 10/11/2013 9:40:06 AM
ditto for me. original xbox owner and xbox 360 owner. never had a playstation...sadly, i'm parting ways with what was once my fave console. just can't get over kinect and the wasted resources spent on advertising when they could have made a game system to compete with the ps4.
---
"if you consider a troll to be someone who is expressing their opinion and isn't rattled by yours being different...welcome home.~me
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 10/11/2013 9:40:51 AM
Ellesarien posted...
We got it Champ. You don't like MS or the X-1.

In fact, we knew that about a month ago.

I seriously hope you are being paid to make multiple anti-MS or anti-X-1 threads a day, because if you aren't...My god...what a waste of a life.

I look forward to another thread from you tomorrow or even later today once again stating for the 240th time that you have issues with MS and the X-1.

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#8tHeCBkiDPosted 10/11/2013 9:43:30 AM
I think the reality is this thing is going to sell like hotcakes during the holidays, and anyone trying to prove otherwise is just kidding themselves.
---
I might be down, but the Kid always Comes Back.
#9takidigits2005Posted 10/11/2013 9:45:07 AM
epicfailtryhard posted...
ditto for me. original xbox owner and xbox 360 owner. never had a playstation...sadly, i'm parting ways with what was once my fave console. just can't get over kinect and the wasted resources spent on advertising when they could have made a game system to compete with the ps4.

Same here.(but I've also had multiple PS consoles too; I don't limit myself to any one console). MS really disappointed a lot of their former supporters, and this obviously includes me..
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#10EllesarienPosted 10/11/2013 9:45:50 AM
tHeCBkiD posted...
I think the reality is this thing is going to sell like hotcakes during the holidays, and anyone trying to prove otherwise is just kidding themselves.

They want it to fail so hard it's really really weird to me. I don't get what they get from all of this but it must fill some empty part in their life.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.