Chances of Kinect being hacked?

#1bksonic123Posted 10/11/2013 3:25:15 PM
I read somewhere that 1 in 2 webcams can be hacked.

Will Kinect be secure enough to prevent this?
#2Jedi454Posted 10/11/2013 3:29:58 PM
I read somewhere that only a fool would believe the Kinect could be hacked.
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#3SilentS89Posted 10/11/2013 3:31:16 PM
I have complete confidence that the Kinect will be hacked, the benefits a hacker could get by hacking a Kinect are so immense that it would take a miracle for no Kinect 2.0s to be hacked.

Think what a hacker could gain from the Kinect? Spying on your ex? Blackmailing your boss? Perving on the neighbors? Bypass that restraining order? Post embarrassing videos of your enemies on Youtube? The possibilities are endless.
#4TeleriumPosted 10/11/2013 4:45:38 PM
bksonic123 posted...
Chances of Kinect being hacked?

100%. I've already hacked the Kinect V1's and I'm watching you right now... Stuart.

Did I just mind**** all the Kinect-owning Stuarts on this board? I hope so
#5TwinmoldPosted 10/11/2013 4:53:40 PM
I Duno, but when you figure out how to inject code into a closed system through the net you'll be a millionaire.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#6Orange_ApplesPosted 10/11/2013 4:58:02 PM
0% if it isn't plugged in.

10%
40% once it is figured out
10% after a firmware update

Isn't that how it is with all online cameras?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#7Dev0311Posted 10/11/2013 5:02:57 PM
SilentS89 posted...
I have complete confidence that the Kinect will be hacked, the benefits a hacker could get by hacking a Kinect are so immense that it would take a miracle for no Kinect 2.0s to be hacked.

Think what a hacker could gain from the Kinect? Spying on your ex? Blackmailing your boss? Perving on the neighbors? Bypass that restraining order? Post embarrassing videos of your enemies on Youtube? The possibilities are endless.

I'm not sure about hacking but those scenarios you mentioned sound awful.
#8LovecraftiangodPosted 10/11/2013 5:03:21 PM
I think it will be hacked just like the xbone itself will be hacked remember the Xbox 360 got hacked rather easily and pirates loved the 360 since they could play games for free.
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#9khardboredPosted 10/11/2013 5:05:21 PM
Someone will hack it right away, of course. Hacking the Kinect itself won't be hard. Gaining access to the multi-layered Xbox One OS, will be.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#10EnclavePosted 10/11/2013 5:09:13 PM
Twinmold posted...
I Duno, but when you figure out how to inject code into a closed system through the net you'll be a millionaire.

Umm, the Xbox One isn't a closed system. At least it isn't once you give it internet access.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.