15 Predictions for the Future of the Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U

#1Dev0311Posted 10/11/2013 3:57:58 PM
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/585959-15-predictions-for-the-future-of-the-xbox-one-ps4-and-wii-u#/slide/1

Interesting read, here's the Top 3:

PlayStation 4 will trounce the Xbox One across holiday period.

After the PR disaster that was the Xbox One's unveiling, I predict that the PlayStation 4 will shift the most units across the holiday period by a wide margin . Sony is simply offering the most enticing package, with its console being more affordable and marketed much more proficiently than its rival.

Nintendo will sell cheaper Wii U bundles without the GamePad.

Microsoft will win ground back from Sony in the long run.
#2aiyobroPosted 10/11/2013 4:25:23 PM

Said the same thing about the DS and look what happened...
#3Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 4:31:19 PM
aiyobro posted...

Said the same thing about the DS and look what happened...

Yeah, I don't agree with that prediction at all since the GamePad is central to the system OS and required for off-screen play.
#4LovecraftiangodPosted 10/11/2013 5:10:34 PM
The predictions are mostly moronic. A wii-u bundle without the tablet never. Quantic dream making games for Xbox not gonna happen they have to good a relationship with Sony. The Wii will stay in 3rd place the entire console generation. And Microsoft won't get the lead back.
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#5DaddyKojoPosted 10/11/2013 5:30:22 PM
I predict I will enjoy the heck out of my XB1 and Wii U this Christmas.
#6ManInGorillaSutPosted 10/11/2013 6:51:26 PM
The only reason the PS3 caught up to the 360 was that Sony continues to release AAA exclusive titles on it like The Last of Us.

MS, on the other hand, stopped releasing any worthwhile AAA exclusive titles over a year ago (Halo 4) and has a history of dropping hardware support early (just look at the original Xbox and the Zune).

So I really don't see where the writer is getting this whole "loses the battle, wins the war" outlook for the Xbone.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#7chrish909Posted 10/11/2013 6:56:20 PM
Imo ps4 will sell less than people imagine. Theres alot of preorders because the fanboys, but why would a regular person buy it, killzone and infamous really are not that popular.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#8Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/11/2013 7:00:40 PM
chrish909 posted...
Imo ps4 will sell less than people imagine. Theres alot of preorders because the fanboys, but why would a regular person buy it, killzone and infamous really are not that popular.

regular people who don't follow the systems very closely aren't basing their purchases off exclusives. and the only popular game coming out soon for XBOX One is DR 3.. the others are new and most people still don't even know about most of the exclusives for either system
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#9destroyerman455Posted 10/11/2013 7:01:11 PM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
The only reason the PS3 caught up to the 360 was that Sony continues to release AAA exclusive titles on it like The Last of Us.

MS, on the other hand, stopped releasing any worthwhile AAA exclusive titles over a year ago (Halo 4) and has a history of dropping hardware support early (just look at the original Xbox and the Zune).

So I really don't see where the writer is getting this whole "loses the battle, wins the war" outlook for the Xbone.

Because Microsoft isn't going to sit around and give up while their sales take hits. The reason why they dropped support early before on the 360 is because they had enough money and ground made to where they were unchallenged. Lets face it, the PS3 wasn't much of a threat for the 360 for awhile so Microsoft had the console and its dev teams rolling on cruise control. Sony finally caught up toward the end of the cycle and at that point, Microsoft didn't care much, they already had their sales up to where they needed.

With the X1 behind the PS4, Microsoft will obviously kick it into high gear and sprint back for first place since they are actually being threatened by competition now. I don't expect to see them taking this Gen all too lightly just yet. Also keep in mind Microsoft is a company with much more money than Sony and a heavier outlook on the business aspect. They won't drop support or stop releasing AAA exclusives so early this time because it would be bad for business. If they do drop support or stop giving effort, that's a major business mistake. Even worse than the original announcement events for the X1.
---
Tactical Assessment, Red Chinese Victory, Impossible.
#10Shik_stickPosted 10/11/2013 7:06:00 PM
chrish909 posted...

Yeah, never mind the ton of other great games and exclusives that are coming out...oh wait it's you...yeah never mind. I don't feel like arguing with a child tonight so ill just agree...those two games suck. Nobody in their right mind would want Killzone or inFAMOUS. Stupid ponies and their stupid indiestation.

I guess its a good thing Sony is going bankrupt huh?
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012