15 Predictions for the Future of the Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U

#11Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/11/2013 7:13:12 PM
destroyerman455 posted...
With the X1 behind the PS4, Microsoft will obviously kick it into high gear and sprint back for first place since they are actually being threatened by competition now.

they haven't won a single gen in terms of sales... 7th gen belonged to Wii. 6th belonged to PS2.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#12XBOXvsPCPosted 10/11/2013 7:13:43 PM
Shik_stick posted...
chrish909 posted...
Imo ps4 will sell less than people imagine. Theres alot of preorders because the fanboys, but why would a regular person buy it, killzone and infamous really are not that popular.

Yeah, never mind the ton of other great games and exclusives that are coming out...oh wait it's you...yeah never mind. I don't feel like arguing with a child tonight so ill just agree...those two games suck. Nobody in their right mind would want Killzone or inFAMOUS. Stupid ponies and their stupid indiestation.

I guess its a good thing Sony is going bankrupt huh?

Not so fast my good man. KZ and Infamous will be good games, if you're going PS4 you should try them.
The bankrupt part is undeniable though. good point.
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#13destroyerman455Posted 10/11/2013 7:56:52 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
destroyerman455 posted...
With the X1 behind the PS4, Microsoft will obviously kick it into high gear and sprint back for first place since they are actually being threatened by competition now.

they haven't won a single gen in terms of sales... 7th gen belonged to Wii. 6th belonged to PS2.

That is true. (I should have used the word profit, my mistake, I apologize)

But what I'm getting at is that its about business and money for Microsoft. Microsoft dominated the 7th Gen with the 360 since more people dumped money into it. The Wii had more sales because it came out first and was a lot cheaper and was innovative for the time. Microsoft and Sony quickly walked over them with their systems.
---
Tactical Assessment, Red Chinese Victory, Impossible.
#14SunDevil77Posted 10/11/2013 10:37:13 PM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
The only reason the PS3 caught up to the 360 was that Sony continues to release AAA exclusive titles on it like The Last of Us.

MS, on the other hand, stopped releasing any worthwhile AAA exclusive titles over a year ago (Halo 4) and has a history of dropping hardware support early (just look at the original Xbox and the Zune).

So I really don't see where the writer is getting this whole "loses the battle, wins the war" outlook for the Xbone.

I agree about the exclusives (XBLA, however, is great. But that doesn't sell consoles.

However the hardware? Nah. They do very well on supporting hardware. The Zune and OG Xbox being short makes sense. The Zune (and any other MP3 player, really) just couldn't keep up with the insane market share that Apple has. And the Xbox lasted so short because of a fallout with Nvidia
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#15dolablaPosted 10/11/2013 11:08:51 PM
Not worldwide Microsoft won't be able to gain ground. Maybe in one specific region (US) it'll be close, but outside the US I fully expect PS2 type domination.
#16ILikesCheesePosted 10/12/2013 12:30:31 PM
Dev0311 posted...
Nintendo will sell cheaper Wii U bundles without the GamePad.

That should read:

Microsoft will sell cheaper Xbox One Bundles without the Kinect.

It WILL happen, regardless of their current statements to the contrary. I expect the PS4 to outsell the X1 by a margin of at least 3 to 1 by this time next year. When that happens, PRESTO! here comes your cheaper Xbox One bundle with a Kinect 2.0 on the side.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#17Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 1:33:01 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Dev0311 posted...

That should read:

Microsoft will sell cheaper Xbox One Bundles without the Kinect.

It WILL happen, regardless of their current statements to the contrary. I expect the PS4 to outsell the X1 by a margin of at least 3 to 1 by this time next year. When that happens, PRESTO! here comes your cheaper Xbox One bundle with a Kinect 2.0 on the side.

Yup that could definitely happen
#18MajesticFerretPosted 10/12/2013 1:33:50 PM
Dev0311 posted...
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/585959-15-predictions-for-the-future-of-the-xbox-one-ps4-and-wii-u#/slide/1

Interesting read, here's the Top 3:

PlayStation 4 will trounce the Xbox One across holiday period.

After the PR disaster that was the Xbox One's unveiling, I predict that the PlayStation 4 will shift the most units across the holiday period by a wide margin . Sony is simply offering the most enticing package, with its console being more affordable and marketed much more proficiently than its rival.

Microsoft will win ground back from Sony in the long run.

His predictions were decent.

Game pad less bundle isn't happening. I think the X1 will regain ground once they drop price, though I don't x1'll win, but it will wind up being close.

I do think Kinect will make a big difference, but for multimedia functionality, not game usage. Other than that, most of his predictions were pretty safe. I also think Bayonetta 2 won't sell that well and that Titanfall might very well dethrone CoD.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.