One possible amazing use of Cloud Computing

#1merkhavaPosted 10/11/2013 3:18:21 PM
I was playing Skyrim a couple days ago and it struck me that this game and future Elder Scroll games could benefit immensly from Cloud computing. One sceanrio is to provide complex AI instructions to entire populations. For example, the behavioral patterns/interactions of a whole population of town people can be computed on the cloud and feb back into the local game. So if you're off slaying a might dragon the console can focus on that while all the other "background" dynamics are calculated in the cloud. Then as your fame spreads throughout Tamriel stories of your victories can spread about the land and people can interact with you accordingly. This would add a lot more immersion and realism to the game without consuming many resources on your local console! I'm really excited to see what else they can do.
---
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....unless their opinion is dumb and ignorant.
#2khardboredPosted 10/11/2013 3:39:09 PM
This seems possible. Not a bad idea either.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3Foreign ObjectsPosted 10/11/2013 5:22:30 PM
Don't know why they can't just do that on the console.
---
etc
#4darkphiresagePosted 10/11/2013 5:31:22 PM
Foreign Objects posted...

they can and they have. people way back in oblivion were complimenting me on everything from reaching a certain level in block skill, to becoming the champion of the arena. this isn't new or exciting, and I'm not sure why anyone thinks it is. O_o
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#5AzaneAzerPosted 10/11/2013 5:32:03 PM
They could just solve world hunger with cloud computing, cure cancer, and restore the entire library of Alexandria

Honestly, these seem more possible than most the advertising they do for it.
#6squarex8264Posted 10/11/2013 5:38:55 PM
darkphiresage posted...
Foreign Objects posted...

they can and they have. people way back in oblivion were complimenting me on everything from reaching a certain level in block skill, to becoming the champion of the arena. this isn't new or exciting, and I'm not sure why anyone thinks it is. O_o

With what the topic creator is proposing, we can get to a point where you can start a new Mass Effect game and AI in the game could know what you did in previous games without you having to have a save file around from a previous game.

Also, with what he is saying, the game wouldn't handle the logic. The logic would be done off your machine and just fed from the servers so the game doesn't need to store that particular state, and perhaps look at a wider variety of inputs. AI could even change or respond to conditions in the real world, or change on the fly if developers want to modify their behavior...

Oh, think of a game like Dark Souls! The devs could change enemy attack behavior on the fly for different events if they wanted! The AI wouldn't need to be "baked in" and predictable all the time.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade