Fish swim away from your character in GTA5

#11assassin10133Posted 10/12/2013 10:31:59 AM
Don't forget about the dog... lol

But seriously I'll probably end up picking up ghosts at some time, just not new. The story in ghosts actually has me interested in it more than the last few previous COD titles, looks like it may actually have a decent one
#12FoppePosted 10/12/2013 10:53:59 AM
Think of the possibilities of a Seaman 3 game.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#13Draconas_LyrrPosted 10/12/2013 11:14:51 AM
I'm relatively sure the fish comment was a joke that got blown completely out of proportion.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#14aj4x94Posted 10/12/2013 11:40:06 AM
Fish swim away from you in The Last of Us.......and hundreds of other games.
---
Playing: Hotline Miami, System Shock 2, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#15GamerguymassPosted 10/12/2013 12:39:47 PM
knightimex posted...
To be fair, the fish in mario 64 react to a hit box that triggers a flag for them to quickly move in the opposite direction.
Basic, and generic.

The fish in ghost act much more naturally.

*sigh**
Some gamers today just don't appreciate small levels of detail in games

No, we just aren't impressed by crap they brag about that was done in other games decades before. Had they just never mentioned it at all then it would have been fine. Instead they just had to show us all how fish swim away from you......at E3......on a big giant screen......on live tv.

So yeah, they deserve all the mockery they are getting.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#16tadmfpolePosted 10/12/2013 2:20:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLMAoSjou0

That there is fish swimming away from you in a REAL game.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#17riddlebox13Posted 10/12/2013 2:24:07 PM
Erik_P posted...
If Rockstar can do this on the 360 and PS3 why is Activision treating "fish swim away from you!" as a revolutionary feature in CoD for the XBone?

This has been happening since the N64 in Mario lol
#18BeefEasterPosted 10/12/2013 4:04:03 PM
can you be very very sneaky sir and sneak up on the fishes and knive them all up in dey GILLS?
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
#19NewMoonShadowPosted 10/12/2013 4:06:26 PM
knightimex posted...
To be fair, the fish in mario 64 react to a hit box that triggers a flag for them to quickly move in the opposite direction.
Basic, and generic.

The fish in ghost act much more naturally.

*sigh**
Some gamers today just don't appreciate small levels of detail in games

The thing is, that's the kind of crap that nobody notices or cares about, that companies blow thousands of dollars on making happen, and then wonder why they're not making back the budgets for their games. If the game was focused on being underwater and 80%-90% of the game took place there, then yeah, I could see wanting hyperrealistic fish-AI, but a Call of Duty game where the most water you go through is a puddle or maybe a river? Simplistic Mario 64 style AI is all you need, and people wouldn't notice if that's all it was.

Unless this game is set to add submarine combat to the franchise, focusing on hyperrealistic fish-AI is completely pointless.

Not that there's ever any risk of Call of Duty not making back its budget and then some.
#20FoppePosted 10/13/2013 12:32:00 AM
So let's take the AI from the ghosts in Pacman when you eat a powerpellet, add a z line and use it for fish in the latest CoD game!
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC