Installing Games??

#1Sarnie9Posted 10/12/2013 3:38:04 AM
With the changes that have been made to the DRM, if I buy a game, install the disc to the hard drive can I then play without using the disc? OR does the disc have to be in the tray like the 360?
#2FoppePosted 10/12/2013 3:43:46 AM
Last I heard, the disc must still be in the disctray to verify that you own it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3popping4itPosted 10/12/2013 4:02:31 AM
that was the original plan but because people still want to give money to gamestop and get ripped off they had to go back and make work like it does on the 360.
---
whens mahvel?
#4GotTruthPosted 10/12/2013 4:22:54 AM
popping4it posted...
that was the original plan but because people still want to give money to gamestop and get ripped off they had to go back and make work like it does on the 360.

Wow. Your ignorance is showing......
"Give money to Gamestop and get ripped off" you say? Please, by all means, do elaborate......

I have been Getting my games(new and used) through GS for, well, since they were Babagges even and have NEVER been ripped off. Not once. Never got shorted on a pre-order code, never a damaged disc they were not ready to replace/refund right away and without argument(save your receipt numbskulls make life 100000% easier when you have to return/refund/exchange).

SO please tell me EXACTLY where GS is "ripping" off the consumer. I will wait patiently and with great anticipation of your response, as I assume it will be utterly hilariously misinformed. Do you understand WHAT the(a) "second hand market" is or how The Legal Doctrine of First Sale works, let-alone WHAT it even is or that is was recently(this very year) upheld by the United State Supreme Court? Cause based on your post you OBVIOUSLY do not.

You "XBOTS" are about as bad as The "Sony Ponies".......Stop acting like GameStop and Used Record/Video/Game Stores are the problem...........
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#5FoppePosted 10/12/2013 4:33:18 AM
You will find "GameStop is ripping you off"-believers on all boards, it got nothing to do with what type of fanboys they are.
Their logic behind this whole "ripping off"-theory is that they buy the games cheap from you and sells it at a much higher price instead of paying you more than what they sell it for.
Basically it comes down to underage users that don't know how economy works and they feel forced to sell to GameStop once they have given you a price instead of saying no and selling it to craigslist or ebay or to a friend or whatever.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6GotTruthPosted 10/12/2013 4:36:29 AM
Foppe posted...
You will find "GameStop is ripping you off"-believers on all boards, it got nothing to do with what type of fanboys they are.
Their logic behind this whole "ripping off"-theory is that they buy the games cheap from you and sells it at a much higher price instead of paying you more than what they sell it for.
Basically it comes down to underage users that don't know how economy works and they feel forced to sell to GameStop once they have given you a price instead of saying no and selling it to craigslist or ebay or to a friend or whatever.

^this guys gets it..............

Still waiting, on what I am hoping is, an AMAZING response to my challenge though. :)
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#7SithMasterDKPosted 10/12/2013 6:00:34 AM
I'm personally against the used games industry, where GameStop is a main contributor and resource. I believe that used games have caused the industry to implement things in game like DLC and micro transactions because the developers are losing money from potential sales.

Boogie has a good YouTube video really explaining this argument. I understand not all people can buy every new game they want, but if you can work just a little bit extra or save just a hair more to buy the game new, even from GameStop, then you're doing the industry a huge favor.

M$ had the right idea with used games because it kept all the money from trading in and selling games, and gave a percentage to the developers. I can see in the future where all games will need an activation code provided by the developers to start your game. Once that code is used, it will tie that code to your GT so only you are able to start the game. I believe some publishers already implement this, but I can't remember their names off the top of my head.
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, GTA V, and good old fashioned foosball.
#8bob15xPosted 10/12/2013 6:11:44 AM
GotTruth posted...
popping4it posted...

"Give money to Gamestop and get ripped off" you say? Please, by all means, do elaborate......

I have been Getting my games(new and used) through GS for, well, since they were Babagges even and have NEVER been ripped off. Not once. Never got shorted on a pre-order code, never a damaged disc they were not ready to replace/refund right away and without argument(save your receipt numbskulls make life 100000% easier when you have to return/refund/exchange).

SO please tell me EXACTLY where GS is "ripping" off the consumer. I will wait patiently and with great anticipation of your response, as I assume it will be utterly hilariously misinformed. Do you understand WHAT the(a) "second hand market" is or how The Legal Doctrine of First Sale works, let-alone WHAT it even is or that is was recently(this very year) upheld by the United State Supreme Court? Cause based on your post you OBVIOUSLY do not.

You "XBOTS" are about as bad as The "Sony Ponies".......Stop acting like GameStop and Used Record/Video/Game Stores are the problem...........

wow you have issues.

Gamestop rips you off by charging you 5 dollars less for a used game. Yet they give you 10 dollars when you trade one in.
#9ZheakkPosted 10/12/2013 6:39:07 AM
bob15x posted...
GotTruth posted...
popping4it posted...

wow you have issues.

Gamestop rips you off by charging you 5 dollars less for a used game. Yet they give you 10 dollars when you trade one in.

Hey, give Gamestop some credit. If the game has been out for less than a week, and you are a member of their rewards service, you might even get $15!
#10Thewinner14Posted 10/12/2013 8:04:28 AM
SithgamerDK posted...
I'm personally against the used games industry, where GameStop is a main contributor and resource. I believe that used games have caused the industry to implement things in game like DLC and micro transactions because the developers are losing money from potential sales.

Boogie has a good YouTube video really explaining this argument. I understand not all people can buy every new game they want, but if you can work just a little bit extra or save just a hair more to buy the game new, even from GameStop, then you're doing the industry a huge favor.

M$ had the right idea with used games because it kept all the money from trading in and selling games, and gave a percentage to the developers. I can see in the future where all games will need an activation code provided by the developers to start your game. Once that code is used, it will tie that code to your GT so only you are able to start the game. I believe some publishers already implement this, but I can't remember their names off the top of my head.

If a used game and new game are sitting next to each other on the store shelf and someone buys the used it DOES NOT cost the publisher a sale. All physical copies in the store have been bought and paid for.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/