Xbox One vs. PS4 regarding the controller if you are on the fence...

#21Reflex-ArcPosted 10/12/2013 7:07:06 PM(edited)
Here is the important bit that people on this board should take away from that video, but wont.

Blunty @ Youtube Link
ÖOf Course this will vary from person to person, and all choices are valid because they are exactly that; personal preferences and no amount of arguing can change a personís mind on what they feel is most comfortable to them so please donít start that upÖ

http://youtu.be/8yv9VfbmLgI?t=6m12s
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#22VanderZooPosted 10/12/2013 8:50:30 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
All you have to do is check the likes and dislikes to know which controller he prefers...PS4 fans are obsessed freaks who will dislike every video that says anything positive about the xbox one....that said I'm buying both...cuz I can.

But you realise a lot of 360 fans have changed camps right? I mean throughout all of this gen, 360 was the more popular console in America, if you saw videos online, it was never this one sided. It's not like PS fans have decided to just get more vocal, the reality is a lot of people have switched camps over to the PS4.

And rightfully so I think, MS has reversed their policies but the damage is done for a lot of gamers, clearly.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#23ACx7Posted 10/12/2013 9:07:38 PM
From what I have seen the DS4 looks like the overall better controller. But I still greatly prefer the offset analog sticks and bulky shell of the Xbox controller. I really hope the DS4 is as good as everyone says it is. Cause the DS3 was a joke. It would be nice to have a comfortable controller when I eventually get my PS4.
#24th3warr1orPosted 10/13/2013 4:57:50 AM
grampamurked posted...
For me the dpad is placed wrong on Sony's controller. This new one seems like a gigantic improvement but the dpad is still positioned wrong for me.

Same here.

The primary controls should always be placed at a relaxed position. MS gets this; Sony doesn't.
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchama al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.
#25EnclavePosted 10/13/2013 5:14:35 AM(edited)
steelix55 posted...
Like that video means anything.... There are people on this web site that swear up and down that the PS3 controller is better than 360, and that the joysticks and triggers are just fine.

Eh, you'll find the people who generally prefer the DS3 over the 360 controller do so because they hate the asymmetrical sticks on the 360 pad. It's my primary reason for preferring the DS3. When I use my 360 the controller always just feels wrong to me. That said, I don't deny that the 360 controller is more ergonomically designed. In fact, I'd probably prefer it over the DS3 by a wide margin if only they swapped the d-pad and left analogue stick.

Ok, that's not the only reason. I also like a good d-pad and while the DS3 d-pad isn't the greatest thing ever (/drool over the vita d-pad) it's still infinitely superior to the floating piece of crap excuse for a d-pad the 360 controller has.

Nok_Su_Kow posted...
Regardless of which controller I end up preffering for multiplat games, I am really curious to try the PS4 controller. I've had the same complaints about the sticks and triggers of the DS3 and overall feeling of control with any game other than fighting games like Street Fighter.

It's a shame about the X1's dpad though, seems something they'll never be able to get right.

You've heard the same complaints for the DS4 as you heard for the DS3? Seriously? Can you link to those complaints? I only ask because I've not heard a single person complain about the DS4. In fact the universal opinion seems to be that it's a brilliant improvement over the DS3. The triggers are supposedly very comfortable and responsive and the analogue sticks are no longer slippery and are very tight and responsive as well.

th3warr1or posted...
Same here.

The primary controls should always be placed at a relaxed position. MS gets this; Sony doesn't.

I can't say for anybody but myself but honestly? When my hands are in a relaxed position? My thumbs rest far enough away from my index fingers to rest right around where the DS3 keeps its analogue sticks. They don't rest on the d-pad and face buttons. This could very well though be why the 360 controller just feels wrong to me even though the rest of the controller has clearly superior ergonomics to the DS3.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#26ILikesCheesePosted 10/13/2013 6:00:01 AM
VanderZoo posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
All you have to do is check the likes and dislikes to know which controller he prefers...PS4 fans are obsessed freaks who will dislike every video that says anything positive about the xbox one....that said I'm buying both...cuz I can.

But you realise a lot of 360 fans have changed camps right? I mean throughout all of this gen, 360 was the more popular console in America, if you saw videos online, it was never this one sided. It's not like PS fans have decided to just get more vocal, the reality is a lot of people have switched camps over to the PS4.

And rightfully so I think, MS has reversed their policies but the damage is done for a lot of gamers, clearly.

Signs of intelligent life on the Xbox One board!
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#27uptown710Posted 10/13/2013 6:12:11 AM
chrish909 posted...
Ps1 2 3 all pretty much had the same controller with different stuff inside. Some people may like that they changed it with ps4, but a majority will hate it and critic it beyond believe. With the ps community you will likely see racially offensive comments all over the ps4 controllers internets sales pages. People hate change especially the whiny sony fanboys.

I like how the tc is clear with his trollish motive. He(and most of the trolls) is here(x1 board) to convince people to go ps4 over x1. Thats his goal, its clear from reading the topic title.

Why would someone do this? Im not too sure myself. Maybe he works for sony. Maybe he thinks this video will change everyones mind and no one will buy x1. Maybe he has nothing else to do. Its pretty weird. I think maybe he is the guy that made the video.

Did you read what you just posted? Lol my god man, are you ok?
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#28Nok_Su_KowPosted 10/13/2013 11:07:08 AM
"You've heard the same complaints for the DS4 as you heard for the DS3? Seriously? Can you link to those complaints? I only ask because I've not heard a single person complain about the DS4. In fact the universal opinion seems to be that it's a brilliant improvement over the DS3. The triggers are supposedly very comfortable and responsive and the analogue sticks are no longer slippery and are very tight and responsive as well."

I've had the same complaints of the DS3 as the video blogger and am curious to try the DS4.
#29zephirrainesPosted 10/13/2013 11:16:03 AM
VanderZoo posted...
JohnWall32 posted...

Its sold out genius. I love how you people like to speak for everyone in the market. Why dont we wait till they go to market before making assumptions.

Everyone thought the ps3 would sweep the US like the ps2 did and thats when Sony was on top.
#30Nok_Su_KowPosted 10/13/2013 11:20:28 AM(edited)
The moment PS3 was $600, I knew it wouldn't catch on like the PSone or PS2 did.