A little more info on the new reputation system.

#1khardboredPosted 10/12/2013 9:20:22 AM
Microsoft has an accreditation website for people who work with MS products and lets you take various assessments on their products. A link was posted earlier about getting a year of Live free for taking it. Since my wife currently works with MS products she took the test a bit ago and came across a tid-bit of info on one of the Live tests.

Some of it seems to be more concise on how it works. I know there was a thread posted awhile back asking how it will work on how can it prevent people from trolling a single user.

Anyway, here is some Ctrl-C/Ctrl-P straight from it:

Won't penalize players for a few bad reports; the system will look at a variety of factors before docking reputation

System will verify if people actually played in an online game with the person reported if not, those player's feedback won't matter as much as a single person who spent 15 minutes playing with the reported person

Looks at the reputation of the person reporting and the alleged offender, frequency of reports from a single user and a number of other factors

Moving from a survey option to more direct feedback, including things like "block" or "mute player" actions into the feedback model

The Enforcement United program puts part of the enforcement process in the hands of our valued Xbox Live Gold subscribers.

Reputation score will determine which category players are assigned "Green = Good Player" "Yellow = Needs Improvement" or "Red = Avoid Me"

Looking at someone's gamer card players be able to quickly see their reputation
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#2khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 9:21:35 AM
Matches players with others and have them avoid playing with players that are abusive, cheating or causing mayhem

Before a player ends up with the "Avoid Me" reputation level they will receive many different alerts, reminding them how their social gaming conduct

This system will continue to evolve and get better as Xbox tracks the feedback from players and titles, plus add more consequences for abusive players

I know a lot of this is information we already knew but the top few bullet points give us a clearer picture on how it helps prevent abuse. No system is perfect but I trust that it is going to be far better than what is in place now.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3knightimexPosted 10/12/2013 9:35:35 AM
So basically people who are good at quick scoping, yet dashboard when they lose will be placed with others who quick scope, and dashboard if they start to lose?

Sounds promising!
---
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)
#4SirLimboPosted 10/12/2013 9:40:11 AM
I fail to see how this system won't be abused to be honest.

When you do really well on a game people leave you bad feedback on the current system.

When you do really bad on a game people leave you bad feedback on the current system.

When you do anything people leave you bad feedback on the current system....

So eventually I guess it will all work out and everyone on the new system will still be playing with everyone as we will all be receiving bad feedback regardless of our actions...

But seriously though, this system feels flawed.
#5knightimexPosted 10/12/2013 9:54:29 AM
Over time Pros will end up hating this feature because eventually there won't be any noobs to play against.

Instead all pros will be up against pros.
Youtube will be seeing less and less of one sided competition videos.
---
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)
#6AzaneAzerPosted 10/12/2013 10:21:28 AM
Player based reputation systems will always be abused, the trick is to make it less abusable.