xbox one hijacking could be your worst nightmare

#1sexbonePosted 10/12/2013 9:07:09 AM
http://xboxonedaily.com/2013/10/xbox-one-hijacking-could-be-your-worst-nightmare/

You’re in an intense online session. Your team was down by five kills and you’ve single-handedly willed them back into the game, only to have someone from the opposing team yell “Xbox off,” causing your system to shutdown. It’s a scenario that we’ve worried about for a while and Insomniac Games’ Andreas Fredriksson confirmed that it’s a possibility.

thoughts >
i think that's not gonna happen right ms?
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 10/12/2013 9:08:21 AM
But if they say it, wouldn't it shut their own xbox down too? And isn't it tailored to your own voice?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3MrImpatient35Posted 10/12/2013 9:09:44 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
But if they say it, wouldn't it shut their own xbox down too? And isn't it tailored to your own voice?

I thought it was too.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#4DarkJaydragonPosted 10/12/2013 9:11:19 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

I thought it was too.

I'm pretty sure it is. There is also a prompt asking if you would like to turn your xbox off.

And if you were in a party, you wouldn't hear them anyway.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#5sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 9:12:33 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

I thought it was too.

agreed
i think as long as it's your own voice the kinect won't be turn off
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.
#6MrImpatient35Posted 10/12/2013 9:15:51 AM
I read a few of the comments. One guy is absolutely right. It can see whether or not you're the one saying it. I definitely remember reading that more than once, so that shouldn't work.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#7assassin10133Posted 10/12/2013 9:20:20 AM
sexbone posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

I thought it was too.

agreed
i think as long as it's your own voice the kinect won't be turn off

Ya pretty sure it has voice recognition. And I never even thought that the person saying it would be turning off their own console too lol And of course there's the confirmation prompt, plus it would only work if the person A) has Kinect connected and B) doesn't have chat muted
#8DarkJaydragonPosted 10/12/2013 9:22:13 AM
We can only pray that we never play against Mystique or Morph on-line, Xavier help us all...
---
#9chrish909Posted 10/12/2013 9:34:06 AM
No offense tc, but this is idiotic. You can turn off xbox voice thing or dont let voices go through the tv.

Your worst nightmare is xbox turning off while playing it?
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#10chrish909Posted 10/12/2013 9:34:17 AM
No offense tc, but this is idiotic. You can turn off xbox voice thing or dont let voices go through the tv.

Your worst nightmare is xbox turning off while playing it?
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.