I played Xbox One today....I was not impressed.

#61mike468Posted 10/13/2013 5:31:27 AM
_DevilBob_ posted...
And just FYI, for people saying, "Oh, well, people must have been playing it all day and wore the controller out. That's why it felt that way." No. At the time I was there, there were only three other guys and they had just opened to the public. There is no way the controller was put through any abuse. It's just BAD. Period. The analog sticks also have less resistance and feel a lot looser than on 360. Some may like that, but I didn't. And I hate to burst people's bubble about Forza but it really is very plain. Not "next gen," not even a little. I can't see shelling out $500 for something that doesn't wow me right off the bat. They are using this time to capture consumer interest since everything is basically done, now it's all just PR and marketing. They need to try harder if they are going to convince people to buy their system.

It's not a matter of a single day. This event is traveling the country, just like a concert. They are moving the hardware from one event/city to another. Hundreds of people have already played with the same hardware and there is no telling if this hardware was even used back at e3 or even gamescon, which would mean even thousands more have used it.

Just because you only saw a handful of people at the event does mean anything, they don't give you new hardware or a controller every time. The hardware/controller you where playing on had hundred of hours of use on it already. You've never gone to a store or an arcade and tried to play a demo unit that had the controls worn out and broken?
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#62EichiroNobunagaPosted 10/13/2013 6:08:43 AM
I'm liking what I see in this thread.

Guy says he doesn't like something, brigade of overzealous fanboys accuse him of being a Sony Pony and call him a liar.

leftwich7 posted...
Dude your full of crap. Im calling B.S. right now. Go to the PS4 board. If you are comparing Forza 5 to Horizon then you need help. Matter of fact just stop playing games all together and go get your eyes checked.

This one in particular made me laugh.

Seriously, I see a lot are humbly disagreeing, but the amount of defensiveness is astounding. I get that Sony fanboys come over to hate on your console all the time so I can understand being a bit defensive, but this is too much. If anyone has anything bad to say about any of your games, that automatically makes him a member of the other team.

Ridiculous.
That's all this console-war BS is.
---
"Ponies." - Ares
Check out DIDOG on Youtube here at: http://www.youtube.com/user/DropInDropOutGaming?feature=watch
#63vgsrulePosted 10/13/2013 6:40:32 AM
_DevilBob_ posted...
vgsrule posted...
You say 360 graphics like that's a bad thing.

When this is supposed to be a "next gen" system?

Yeah. That IS a bad thing.

But 360 graphics don't look bad.

So, why would I care if the graphics look better? Because they're "supposed to"?

I would much prefer effort be put into frame rate, amount of characters on screen, etc...

In any case, though, expecting relatively amazing graphics from a launch game is just stupid.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#64Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/13/2013 6:44:05 AM
mike468 posted...
It's not a matter of a single day. This event is traveling the country, just like a concert. They are moving the hardware from one event/city to another. Hundreds of people have already played with the same hardware and there is no telling if this hardware was even used back at e3 or even gamescon, which would mean even thousands more have used it.

Just because you only saw a handful of people at the event does mean anything, they don't give you new hardware or a controller every time. The hardware/controller you where playing on had hundred of hours of use on it already. You've never gone to a store or an arcade and tried to play a demo unit that had the controls worn out and broken?

I sincerely doubt the same Microsoft that tried to pass-off high-end PCs as Xbones during both E3 and Gamescom would try to market its product with worn hardware. In fact it should be expected that the hardware presented in those RVs should be better than the real deal.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#65bouchartPosted 10/13/2013 6:54:08 AM
I tried an Xbox One demo unit. The controller broke into six pieces and the console itself overheated and melted into a thick plastic goo.

It's still better than the Atari Jaguar.
---
You can't stop Bouchart.
#66raddicussPosted 10/13/2013 2:16:10 PM
bouchart posted...
I tried an Xbox One demo unit. The controller broke into six pieces and the console itself overheated and melted into a thick plastic goo.

I call BS. Everyone knows that Microsoft performs memory wipes on all who see such malfunctions. Nice try troll.
---
Stop talking, I'm the village idiot.
#67BigAl519Posted 10/13/2013 2:33:31 PM
raddicuss posted...
bouchart posted...

I call BS. Everyone knows that Microsoft performs memory wipes on all who see such malfunctions. Nice try troll.

Didn't you read the updated Terms of Service. They now send the users name and info to the NSA with the title "Suspected Terrorist" when an error is discovered by said user along with a Kinect visual profile.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#68ill-thoughtsPosted 10/13/2013 2:47:38 PM
hahahahaha Octodad

*puts on a suit and slides over a bed*
#69GregoryPeck115Posted 10/13/2013 3:47:00 PM
It is hard to judge the controller at a public event because by the time you get to use the controller it may have alot of wear and tear. 4 Player Podcast reported a similiar complaint at E3 but they admitted that until you have a controller that hasn't been handled so much it is too hard to judge right now.. As for the games, the ones at launch usually aren't the best example of the system. For example no one mentions the launch titles of the 360 or the PS3 launch titles. Dead Rising 3 has some potential and I can't wait to play it and Battlefield 4 will keep me busy until the bigger releases like Elder Scrolls Online and Witcher 3.
#70Troika19Posted 10/13/2013 3:53:46 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
immortaltech6 posted...
C-c-c-combo breaker. You never played the original Rare's KI on SNES did you? KI died because its N64 sequel KI Gold couldn't live up to it and no one else really gave it a shot after Rare broke up. It was its own beast and differentiated itself from MK in many ways.

The fact you're calling the SNES version the original shows how much of an uninformed casual you are.

I've played the original version you don't know about. Come back when you've done your homework son.

Flawless victory.
---
Classic Gamefaqs, you ask a harmless, genuine question and get bombarded by 10 year olds.