What is preventing you from buying an Xbox One?

#31Keeko_caPosted 10/14/2013 8:55:01 AM
A simple consumer choice. Not an option on your poll?

I had gone through three Xbox 360 consoles this past gen...I've been around for awhile, and I've NEVER had to send ANY of my consoles in. While everyone was enjoying a 3 yr RROD warranty, I was screwed because I simply bought my console off a friend.

Got screwed on my Windows Vista license because I decided I wanted to BootCamp it on my Mac.

Got screwed on a Windows 7 license (free upgrade if you buy your laptop now) on my wife's laptop.

With so many alternatives for anything and everything Microsoft is selling out there, why torture myself? They seriously need a shakeup on their policies.

I ALWAYS own every console, and I'm seriously considering not even looking at the XBox ONE. They certainly have semi-erased the worst E3 showing I've ever witnessed, but I'm still going to play it smart and be extra cautious until they get their $%#& together.
---
I'm too busy being cooler than you.
#32PolishCockatielPosted 10/14/2013 9:03:39 AM
Not wanting a kinect and the fact its driving the console price up = no xb1
#33deadmarvPosted 10/14/2013 9:13:59 AM
Three red rings of death and the fact that every time I had to call, their customer service reps seemed to not want to be there makes me not want to give microsoft any more of my money.
#34Keeko_caPosted 10/14/2013 9:18:25 AM
deadmarv posted...
Three red rings of death and the fact that every time I had to call, their customer service reps seemed to not want to be there makes me not want to give microsoft any more of my money.

Hear, here brother. I've had an easier time cancelling subscriptions with my cable company than dealing with MS' customer support to remain their customer. I hit my breaking point well, WELL before the E3 disaster.

Why buy more MS ANYTHING? Why torture myself?
---
I'm too busy being cooler than you.
#35EastCoastKodyPosted 10/14/2013 9:19:54 AM(edited)
price is the only thing.

Ryse, Crimson Dragon, TitanFall, Project Spark, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct.

These are all games i want to play.

XBL and the controller will likely be better than PSN and dualshock.

PS4 has a laughable launch line-up and no big games announced.

The price just deters me. I could pull the trigger if i really wanted to. But I cancelled my pre-order and decided it was smarter to get a ton of upcoming Wii U titles........and like a million PS3 games that I missed.
#36XtremeWRATH360Posted 10/14/2013 7:51:07 PM
The lack of a Kinectless sku. I don't care how many times MS PR department tells me how great Kinect is or why i should want it, its my damn choice if i want to spend more money on a device, don't force it on me and give me no choice but to give you more money, horrible consumer approach presented by MS arrogance.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#37Veemon_XPosted 10/14/2013 7:59:53 PM
Quite frankly, the price right now if you mean buying it in the near immediate future. As well as looking out for hardware failure.

As far as the Kinect conspiracy goes, I generally turn off the power strip when I'm not using the XBox One or any games so its kind of hard to use the Kinect when there's no power. Although I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I really couldn't care what they see when I'm playing though.
---
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! ~Sheogorath
#38CloneTheHeroPosted 10/14/2013 9:21:07 PM
My distrust for ms first and foremost. Secondly would be the price and the fact that their forcing that useless gimmick called kinict down everybodies throats, classic MS.

And honestly, I wasn't a fan of the 360 either. But going into E3 I was open to possibly getting both the X1 and PS4 consoles next gen, nooope! They dropped the ball.
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Tales of Graces f, LittleBigPlanet
#39KOOGARPosted 10/14/2013 10:29:28 PM
Very simple: M$

Their disgusting attempt to f*** the gamers. I'm boycotting the Xbone no matter what, even if they give away the console and games for free.