Will continued support of the 360 hurt the Xbox One?

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 10/13/2013 9:01:00 AM
I fear game makers who make multiplat games will keep them watered down to avoid from having to make two games; one for current gen and one for next. Like some of the features in Ghosts aren't in the 360 version. Will game makers push as hard as they can for next gen just to have to take out a ton of stuff and then downscale it for current gen?

I get that they can't ignore current gen for financial reasons with over 50 million consoles sold thats a large market but i would love to see them push things instead of say, Assassins Creed 5 is a super detailed world thats three times the size of Black Flag but since theres no way to make that fit on current gen, that make AC5 only twice as big and then scale it down for current gen. That would suck.

I would hope most games are made with try hard panties on instead of being conservative to be across all markets if you get what i mean? any opinions on this?
#2shads3055Posted 10/13/2013 9:47:09 AM
yes because who cares about old gen when new gen games are here
#3khardboredPosted 10/13/2013 9:49:40 AM
I worry that features will be cut from the One to cater to 360 owners just to avoid the hassle of having to develop two separate experiences on either console.

I think the main differences we will see will more than likely be graphics differences. But if they start cutting features like I said above, just so 360 owners won't feel left out, I'll be bummed.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#4Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 11:00:11 AM
khardbored posted...
I worry that features will be cut from the One to cater to 360 owners just to avoid the hassle of having to develop two separate experiences on either console..

Thanks thats exactly what i was trying to say. I know future games will have better use of new console power over the launch line up but i hope it increases in sandbox games. I'm big on those so I'm hoping and waiting on Farcry 4, Dead Island 2, and Dying Light