So the Kinect will make the ads even worse on the Xbone?

#21BudWisenheimerPosted 10/13/2013 12:16:53 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Why would I avoid going outside ...

Outdoor advertising A.K.A. billboards. Lemme guess: you sued your city for a zoning change.
#22LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/13/2013 12:18:33 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
So the Kinect will make the ads even worse on the Xbone?

The opposite is true actually. I will opt in for targeted advertising and finally get relevant ads instead of random ones. But if you want random ads you don't have to opt in.

What if ads have ni effect on you and you are the type of person that researches what they want?
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#23TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 12:19:51 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Why would I avoid going outside ...

Outdoor advertising A.K.A. billboards. Lemme guess: you sued your city for a zoning change.

Let's try this again. Why would I avoid going outside if I don't want more ads on my game console?
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#24ZheakkPosted 10/13/2013 12:24:17 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Zheakk posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Foppe posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
I don't have cable and I block ads on my computer.

What games do you play?
Because we have had ads in games since the Atari 2600.

I play games with no ads.

Can't really take you seriously anymore since you're straight up lying now. Or are you just unaware most of the games displayed on your gamertag have ads in them?

List all the games on my gamertag and tell me which ones have ads and which ones do not.

I admit I just used the term "most" loosely, but, to name a few:

GTA V
GTA 4
Magic 2013 (I'll give you this one though, since you probably just saw the advertisement for free games and got it)
Forza 4
MW3
RE 6
Dead Space 3
Mass effect 1-3
Borderlands 2
Dragon Age origins

I'm sure there are more, as I haven't played all of the same games, but that seems to be enough to disqualify the "I don't play games with ads" comment. Not to mention, judging from the games on your list I'd imagine you play more PS3 than 360 anyways, so there are probably more on that list as well.

http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/The-Game-925/

If you were curious.
#25TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 12:29:23 PM
Zheakk posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Zheakk posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
I don't have cable and I block ads on my computer.

I play games with no ads.

Can't really take you seriously anymore since you're straight up lying now. Or are you just unaware most of the games displayed on your gamertag have ads in them?

List all the games on my gamertag and tell me which ones have ads and which ones do not.

GTA V
GTA 4
Magic 2013 (I'll give you this one though, since you probably just saw the advertisement for free games and got it)
Forza 4
MW3
RE 6
Dead Space 3
Mass effect 1-3
Borderlands 2
Dragon Age origins

I'm sure there are more, as I haven't played all of the same games, but that seems to be enough to disqualify the "I don't play games with ads" comment. Not to mention, judging from the games on your list I'd imagine you play more PS3 than 360 anyways, so there are probably more on that list as well.

If you were curious.

Odd, I hadn't noticed a single ad on any one of those games and I've finished most of them.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#26ZheakkPosted 10/13/2013 12:32:39 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Zheakk posted...

GTA V
GTA 4
Forza 4
MW3
RE 6
Dead Space 3
Mass effect 1-3
Borderlands 2
Dragon Age origins

If you were curious.

Odd, I hadn't noticed a single ad on any one of those games and I've finished most of them.

It's almost as if the ads aren't that noticeable and have no real impact on you actually playing your games...weird.
#27TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 12:38:07 PM
Zheakk posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Zheakk posted...

GTA V
GTA 4
Forza 4
MW3
RE 6
Dead Space 3
Mass effect 1-3
Borderlands 2
Dragon Age origins

If you were curious.

It's almost as if the ads aren't that noticeable and have no real impact on you actually playing your games...weird.

Yeah I didn't see a single ad while playing those games, a lot less noticeable than, Jack in the Box and Verizon ads on my dashboard.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#28ZheakkPosted 10/13/2013 12:43:37 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Zheakk posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Zheakk posted...

GTA V
GTA 4
Forza 4
MW3
RE 6
Dead Space 3
Mass effect 1-3
Borderlands 2
Dragon Age origins

If you were curious.

Yeah I didn't see a single ad while playing those games, a lot less noticeable than, Jack in the Box and Verizon ads on my dashboard.

That's weird, because I notice the ads in those games a lot more than the small, single box in the bottom corner of my dashboard that does nothing because I don't click on it.
#29SilentS89Posted 10/13/2013 12:46:23 PM
Do people actually believe Microsoft won't maximize the profit potential of the Kinect?
#30FoppePosted 10/13/2013 12:54:25 PM
You played Alan Wake and missed that he only trusts Energizer batteries to fight the forces of darkness... when he isn't answering his Verizon phone, that is.
And you got the Boob Tube achievement, which means that you took your time watching the commercials for Mustang Drift 2010 and Verizon on the TV in chapter 4.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC