Its been months and some of you are still worried about privacy?

#31whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 4:40:19 PM
FriedLemon posted...

I'm sorry but you just curbstomped yourself there.

Its a lot more than just reading your e-mails. I responded to him the way I did because he minimized what kind of privacy we give up in every day life.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#32whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 4:42:53 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
whitelytning posted...

If you live in the U.S. whether you believe you voluntarily give up your right to be observed or not doesn't matter because its clear black letter law that you did.

It's that interpretation that's being hotly debated. Many don't agree with it, not just consumers but companies and politicians. I'm unclear as to what you're saying here; It's the law so it's ok, it's the law so get used to it, or it's the law so every company is violating the same rights?

Its the law so whether you believe you voluntarily give up your right to privacy or not doesn't matter.

I agree with you, and I made it somewhat clear in the OP, that this case law has expanded in scope in a way that it is overstepping into places it shouldn't be. That doesn't mean I don't believe it happens though.
---
#33FriedLemonPosted 10/14/2013 4:44:48 PM
whitelytning posted...
FriedLemon posted...

Its a lot more than just reading your e-mails. I responded to him the way I did because he minimized what kind of privacy we give up in every day life.

Irrelevant, the point he made is still valid whether he minimized it or not. Which you failed to respond to.
#34axelfooley2k5Posted 10/14/2013 4:45:11 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
I'm not really concerned with other people's interpretation of my rights, at least not moreso than I am with my own interpretation. If I'm sitting down in my living room using the XboxOne, I don't agree that I'm voluntarily giving up my right to not be observed, or forfeiting the privacy of my voice/video messages.

It's so simple
The policy to record viewers reactions to advertisements is in no way a popular one

And if Microsoft is in bed with the nsa .......it can lead to people making assumptions

I for one like my privacy and don't like that the casuals won't have full disclosure of what they do with recorded data .....I just don't like the fact that the camera is more for advertising experiments, than for amusement.
Can you disconnect/turn off the thing? Sure. But who wants to get less and pay more.

It feels shady and creepy....people should care

Derp
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#35whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 4:52:08 PM
FriedLemon posted...
whitelytning posted...
FriedLemon posted...

Irrelevant, the point he made is still valid whether he minimized it or not. Which you failed to respond to.

First it isn't irrelevant but I'm not going to waste time arguing with you about nothing. You want me to respond to him? The answer is no, I'm not saying you have to be OK with the camera in your living room (which I also said in a previous post that you failed to read) because we lose privacy in other ares of our life. We are all free to not buy the console.
---
#36FriedLemonPosted 10/14/2013 5:00:14 PM
whitelytning posted...
FriedLemon posted...
whitelytning posted...
FriedLemon posted...

First it isn't irrelevant but I'm not going to waste time arguing with you about nothing. You want me to respond to him? The answer is no, I'm not saying you have to be OK with the camera in your living room (which I also said in a previous post that you failed to read) because we lose privacy in other ares of our life. We are all free to not buy the console.

Whether he minimized it or not is, yes, irrelevant because the point he made was still valid. But ok, otherwise I am in agreement with the rest of your post.
#37Ramsus082Posted 10/14/2013 5:10:08 PM
Its been months and some of you are still worried about privacy?

That's the title of the thread. I get the impression that you're saying we shouldn't be concerned with the Kinect being used to spy on it's consumers, because some of our other devices might be used to spy on us, too? Is that what you're saying?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#38KOOGARPosted 10/14/2013 11:45:44 PM
Yes, because unlike you my memory isn't limited to two months.
#39zerooo0Posted 10/14/2013 11:50:20 PM
I look at it like this, if people have any form of Social Media, Cell Phone, Credit/Debit Card, Laptop, Laptop with Windows on it, Mac, Linux(Yes the Government can definitely get your personal info from Linux), etc you really have no right to complain since you're already an open book to the Government. Same goes for those that own a PS, or Wii U our Government can easily get access into those for your private info.

Basically nothing we can really do about it until we revolutionize our Government, but we are too comfortable right now to do that so we just got to live with it sadly.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#40axelfooley2k5Posted 10/15/2013 5:42:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]