Would the US goverment shutdown effect xbox one release?

#1wolfwingPosted 10/13/2013 4:50:04 PM
I'm just wondering, I'm in Canada, and doubt it effect the ps4 release here, but would the goverment shutting down cause enough problems to delay shipments of the xbox one, and other things? Or how much effect would it have on the private sector? I can see people that buy it through post office mail..
---
Currently playing GW2/Asura's Wrath/Dragon Age: Origins/Monster Hunter ultimate.
#2chuchumyrocketPosted 10/13/2013 4:55:23 PM
The nsa tracking via the kinect won't be functional at launch and will be added at a later date. Sorry to inconvenience you. - Love, Microsoft
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#3RyuuHou25Posted 10/13/2013 4:56:58 PM
USPS isn't government run

Private shipping companies shouldn't be affected either
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#4wolfwing(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 4:57:41 PM
Bahhh they would refuse to release the system then risk that not working.
---
Currently playing GW2/Asura's Wrath/Dragon Age: Origins/Monster Hunter ultimate.
#5BudWisenheimerPosted 10/13/2013 5:06:02 PM(edited)
No effect. And the U.S. Postal Service isn't affected by government shutdowns either and is not a government-owned corporation.
#6SilentS89Posted 10/13/2013 5:03:10 PM
But what would it say if it did effect the Xbox One release?
#7GrandMast3rPosted 10/13/2013 5:40:19 PM
The government is not shut down, don't be fooled by what the media is telling you. People are living their normal lives, nothing at all has changed, absolutely nothing.
#8ZimbabweBobPosted 10/13/2013 5:46:02 PM
GrandMast3r posted...
The government is not shut down, don't be fooled by what the media is telling you. People are living their normal lives, nothing at all has changed, absolutely nothing.

there are thousands of federal employees currently on furlough who might disagree, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of federal employees who's checks are in jeopardy if we default on Thursday.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID: ZimbabweBob
#9N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 10/13/2013 5:56:56 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
GrandMast3r posted...

there are thousands of federal employees currently on furlough who might disagree, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of federal employees who's checks are in jeopardy if we default on Thursday.

Yeah, what the hell is this guy talking about? There were just 4 marines from the state I live in killed last week, and their families won't recieve any of the benefits from the military until this is resolved.

There are many more people AFFECTED--not effected-- by this than the media is letting on.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 4GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 570 1.2GB GDDr5
#10Foxx3kPosted 10/13/2013 5:58:34 PM
All the national parks closed. The government had to put up signs saying "please do not enjoy nature until we are back in business."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]