CBOAT strikes again: Says to not expect 1080p and up-clocks causing risks

#111MrZonePosted 10/14/2013 5:51:19 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
is he from another country or borderline illiterate...?

Are you from another country or borderline illiterate? He types like that to prevent a certain style from being compared to an employee's of Microsoft, essentially getting himself fired. People tend to reuse the same words that they are accustomed to and it becomes easy to match that writing style to someone who shouldn't be breaking NDAs.

lmao @ anyone who believes that

He's been writing like that for 10 years. Surely he would be banned from neoGAF by now if he was just a troll or fountain of misinformation.
#112Ramsus082Posted 10/14/2013 5:54:10 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...

Not unless we also see what they could do with GT6 running on an Xbone or PS4. How about we wait to compare the 2 finished games side by side before citing their similar resolution and frame rate?

We know Forza5 will look better than GT6, I'm not saying it won't. I'm saying 1080p isn't very impressive for a racer, especially on the new consoles.

Polyphony has a great art team. But we need to see everything both of the final games are squeezing into the screen if you're going to make fair technical comparisons.

I'm not comparing them, I'm saying that if a technical feat(1080p on a racer) is done on a last-gen console, that same feat isn't a good tech benchmark on a next-gen racer.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#113JohnWall32Posted 10/14/2013 5:57:23 PM(edited)
MrZone posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
JohnWall32 posted...

Are you from another country or borderline illiterate? He types like that to prevent a certain style from being compared to an employee's of Microsoft, essentially getting himself fired. People tend to reuse the same words that they are accustomed to and it becomes easy to match that writing style to someone who shouldn't be breaking NDAs.

He's been writing like that for 10 years. Surely he would be banned from neoGAF by now if he was just a troll or fountain of misinformation.

i've never heard of that site but is it supposed to be strict against trolls or something because I'm not getting your argument otherwise
#114coltsfan4ever31Posted 10/14/2013 5:56:45 PM
zephirraines posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
I don't know about this cboat guy but if this is true then Microsoft will be in some trouble. Forced Kinect,high price tag,bad PR,etc... So far the lead up to the launch of this console has been a non stop barrage of negativity.

Yet still sold out on preorders and given great previews by the media. Keep lying to yourself but come launch the ps4 is at bigger risk of pulling a vita due to lack of games.

Ah,my old buddy Zeph!lmao We have went down this road before. I'm not taking the bait from you. You are a die hard Xbox fan and refuse to acknowledge anything bad that is legitimately brought up against the One and Microsoft. Have a great day/evening sir! ;)
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#115Nate_DihldorffPosted 10/14/2013 6:13:35 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
MrZone posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
JohnWall32 posted...

i've never heard of that site but is it supposed to be strict against trolls or something because I'm not getting your argument otherwise

Most major leaks come from NeoGAF, and yes, they are strict with who is registered.
---
Mexican Spanish to Spanish Spanish is like Ebonics to English. It sounds terrible and needs to be eradicated.
#116Worn_outPosted 10/14/2013 6:16:43 PM
For those of you who don't know about NeoGAF-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neogaf

"The site is well known for its strict moderation. Many developers and publishers have said the site has a substantial impact on the industry, and many use it to get user feedback on their games.[2]"
#117BudWisenheimerPosted 10/14/2013 6:28:02 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

Not unless we also see what they could do with GT6 running on an Xbone or PS4. How about we wait to compare the 2 finished games side by side before citing their similar resolution and frame rate?

We know Forza5 will look better than GT6, I'm not saying it won't. I'm saying 1080p isn't very impressive for a racer, especially on the new consoles.

Polyphony has a great art team. But we need to see everything both of the final games are squeezing into the screen if you're going to make fair technical comparisons.

I'm not comparing them, I'm saying that if a technical feat(1080p on a racer) is done on a last-gen console, that same feat isn't a good tech benchmark on a next-gen racer.

I think it's an amazing feat depending on what they are putting on screen. Regardless of whether it's a racer any console game development team that gives themselves that 60 mandate is in for a lot of effort if they want their game to stand up next to other games visually (and racers can be a great way to show off your console's graphics capabilities). There are definitely some frame rate advantages to designing circuit tracks. But let's just wait to see the showcase courses with more than a handful of cars in a line running at 200+mph in 60fps 1080p in order to know whether it's really the same technical feat on display. And whether or not it impresses.

Also ... online video has never done a 60fps 1080p game justice. The closest I've seen was the first 1080p 60fps video of Titanfall. Amazing. But good racing games at 1080p 60fps almost always enjoy an added graphics benefit when playing in person no matter how good the video you already saw looks. Especially when you have the previous version side by side to compare. I can remember even the old Midnight Club 2 on PS2 released just 2 months later on the first Xbox was quite a leap.
#118EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 10/14/2013 7:54:33 PM
Jerk_Beefy posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
I'm not buying there could be hardware issues similar to the 360. Microsoft themselves would even admit how devastating RROD was to the 360 and how it cost them a ton. I seriously, seriously doubt that they didn't take the measures necessary to ensure that the Xbone wouldn't go through hardware issues on the massive scale that the 360 did. I'm almost willing to go as far as saying that I believe they put it as one of their top priorities to help ensure the box's reliability is top notch.

If it is true that there could be some hardware risks (and there are indeed some), it will kill the Xbox brand. Consumers won't take that again and definitely not with a $500 console.

You can just as easily argue the opposite.

If you wait until the night before to do a paper, but end up getting a high grade, you're going to keep testing that boundary. Maybe you wait until the morning of, maybe you even turn it in late; all with no repercussions.

Microsoft learned that people are wont to overlook certain flaws in order to enjoy something. Could be that they're just trying to see what exactly they can cut corners on and still come out smelling like roses.

For instance, they probably won't try the original Xbox One's restrictions again. At least not until people forget.

Conjecture!

Bad comparison. Microsoft didn't come out smelling like roses after waiting until the night before to "do their homework". They lost over a billion dollars covering warranties from the RROD fiasco. Any time you lose that amount of money, as a business, you do whatever is necessary to prevent it from occurring again.

Not only that, they need to protect whatever is left in terms of their brand loyalty from their fans. They already screwed up with the original RROD and with prelaunch of the Xbox One. Another scenario similar to RROD would be fatal to their brand which is why I doubt they didn't take the steps to prevent that from occurring again.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
NP: GTA V, Xenoblade, SC: Blacklist, SMT IV, BF3 (Awaiting): Xbox One, PS4, KZ: SF, BF4, DR3, KI, Forza 5
#119bh7812Posted 10/14/2013 8:24:16 PM
@bartz90

I want to thank you for an actually really level headed and civil reply to me, I appreciate that. Because you were civil to me, I want to clarify one of the things you said in your first post to me. You said that what I'm asking for is zero tolerance for everything. Reading what I wrote that's about what it looks like so I want to clarify that point. I'm certainly not asking for zero tolerance on everything under the sun, you're right that would be downright unfair to everyone. What I should have written was Gaf claims to have a zero tolerance period for people claiming to be insiders when they aren't or can't prove it. My thing is if they're going to have a zero tolerance period for it, I understand it but it should apply to everyone. They made good on their threat to ban me..it's like okay fine. Then as Summer went in I've seen at least two more people who tried the same stunt but weren't banned. I have the screen caps of the individual posts to prove it even. Wouldn't banning me but not the other two cases be double standards? What WAS wrong, no question, was the day of my banning, a member took it upon himself to very publicly invade my privacy by posting my first and last name as well as the state I live in along with my job in a post. Action got taken on that but it took several hours for that to happen. No one should have to go through that, I don't care if you have the biggest sailor mouth in the world, no one deserves that. I won't even get into some of the truly gross stuff I see on there by the week that should earn those people bans.

Another user said it looks to him like I'm the guy who posted the Nintendo stuff around E3..I'm that guy and I want everyone to know something..I DID have one source willing to back up what I wrote. When it got really serious and they threatened to ban me, I went to that person and asked if they'd back me up and they said yes, because what I'd said matched heavily with what they'd heard. I don't know if they waited too long to contact the mods or decided not to back me up-which I respect but they shoulda said that so I could at least have been honest and said look I'm up a creek. Also, since Trails In The Sky: SC has been announced for 2014, I'll say I knew around E3 that it was definitely coming and told that to a few people that PMed me asking about that. But I understand the skepticism, who honestly thought it really would make it to the US?!

Even worse, I know the fates of the 3 most asked for un-localized games right now but after my Summer experience I don't dare talk. No one would believe me so all I can do is wait and see if I was right. But, I needed to clarify some stuff and glad I did.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#120bartz90Posted 10/14/2013 8:51:03 PM
bh7812 posted...
@bartz90

I want to thank you for an actually really level headed and civil reply to me, I appreciate that. Because you were civil to me, I want to clarify one of the things you said in your first post to me. You said that what I'm asking for is zero tolerance for everything. Reading what I wrote that's about what it looks like so I want to clarify that point. I'm certainly not asking for zero tolerance on everything under the sun, you're right that would be downright unfair to everyone. What I should have written was Gaf claims to have a zero tolerance period for people claiming to be insiders when they aren't or can't prove it. My thing is if they're going to have a zero tolerance period for it, I understand it but it should apply to everyone. They made good on their threat to ban me..it's like okay fine. Then as Summer went in I've seen at least two more people who tried the same stunt but weren't banned. I have the screen caps of the individual posts to prove it even. Wouldn't banning me but not the other two cases be double standards? What WAS wrong, no question, was the day of my banning, a member took it upon himself to very publicly invade my privacy by posting my first and last name as well as the state I live in along with my job in a post. Action got taken on that but it took several hours for that to happen. No one should have to go through that, I don't care if you have the biggest sailor mouth in the world, no one deserves that. I won't even get into some of the truly gross stuff I see on there by the week that should earn those people bans.

Another user said it looks to him like I'm the guy who posted the Nintendo stuff around E3..I'm that guy and I want everyone to know something..I DID have one source willing to back up what I wrote. When it got really serious and they threatened to ban me, I went to that person and asked if they'd back me up and they said yes, because what I'd said matched heavily with what they'd heard. I don't know if they waited too long to contact the mods or decided not to back me up-which I respect but they shoulda said that so I could at least have been honest and said look I'm up a creek. Also, since Trails In The Sky: SC has been announced for 2014, I'll say I knew around E3 that it was definitely coming and told that to a few people that PMed me asking about that. But I understand the skepticism, who honestly thought it really would make it to the US?!

Even worse, I know the fates of the 3 most asked for un-localized games right now but after my Summer experience I don't dare talk. No one would believe me so all I can do is wait and see if I was right. But, I needed to clarify some stuff and glad I did.

That's some 4chan level stuff right there.

Frankly I wouldn't bother with Gaf one way or the other. There are plenty of decent people there and everyone knows they have good info but I don't like the way things are run there among some other issues. If I ever want to see something from them I just read through a thread and look at what's said. It's a community I enjoy watching from time to time but have no want to engage with directly.

I don't know who else wasn't banned that maybe should have been, and since I don't know what they're up to behind the scenes there I just don't bother. I wouldn't be too busted up about being banned from there though, just let Gaf be Gaf. They're too insular for my tastes.
---
-