4. Microsoft doesn't have any real exclusives or studios
5. Microsoft will sneakily bring back Xbox One's DRM
6. There are manufacturing problems
7. IllumiRoom is down for release on Xbox One
8. Microsoft doesn't care about independent developers
#133bh7812Posted 10/15/2013 9:20:33 AM
Quote:bh7812 posted...
@bartz90

I'll never forget seeing that post with my info in it for everyone to see. Ever. I was sitting in my kitchen and at first I read the post and it's like "hahaha wouldn't wanna be this guy, detective Gaf struck again!" When I re-read it though I realized it was me he was referring to and I felt physically sick. I'm amazed I didn't actually throw up.

Was that a case of a former friend or acquaintance of yours calling you out? Or was that done by someone on the inside of NeoGaf who had your information? Because if it was the latter, I'd be down at my lawyers office that day.

-

@ILikesCheese

It was literally a Gaf member who I hadn't seen much if before that, but I knew the name as being notorious for being part of "Detective Gaf". Let me say this. Detective Gaf is extremely dangerous and if they feel you've offended that forum in even the smallest way they'll take things into their own hands..big time. That sub group within Gaf dies not care for privacy.

I have thought about getting a lawyer and seeing what my options would be against Gaf and that user just strictly for the invasion of my privacy like that. The only thing he left out of his post was my actual street address with directions to my house. If he hadn't been stopped, I have no doubt he'd have gone that far. But I ask myself can I even do anything about that 4 months later? A bigger part of me though is just trying to put the whole incident behind me. Don't know what to do honestly, probably let it go and keep working to avoid repeating my mistake in the future. We will see.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#134Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/15/2013 9:25:13 AM
GodXII posted...
1. Kinect will secretly gather data about you
if it's secret, then how do you know? oh never mind, i see the whole list is a joke post.
#135BigPimpyPosted 10/15/2013 9:26:34 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
Uh-oh... sounds like the RROD problem all over again... glad I am waiting for the price drops and the kinectless version and the new model that will fix all these issues. with MS that will take about 5 years like it did with the 360. since it was the slim that resolved most of all the issues.

not getting burned again.

Sony might have overheating issues. It can happen.
http://www.maxconsole.com/news/PLAYSTATION%203/PlayStation-4-gets-the--Red-Line-Of-Death--when-it-overheats-RKLS00000024534.html
#136assassin10133Posted 10/15/2013 9:28:20 AM
JWJW99 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Wait, this is news?

I know right?

Why do you think every Xbox one that is actually running a game on the system is not in an enclosed plastic box? Because it needs max ventilation, even on an idle system. This thing just screams RRoD 2.0

I might just buy an Xbox one this winter....to use to heat my house. I hear it makes the room nice and coozy..until it shuts off.

So let me see if I understand your logic here properly. If it's in an enclosed box it's because it's just there for show but the games are actually being run off of high end PCs, but when it's totally out in the open for everyone to see in a way where people can in no way say the games are not being run on actual XB1 hardware it's because it has heating issues? Really?
#137IroncondorzPosted 10/16/2013 8:21:44 PM
I learned today that the only way to disguise your writing style is to write like an idiot.

Why should you trust someone who is that afraid of being caught anyway? If he was afraid of losing his job, being sued, or demolishing his career, he wouldn't post anything at all. That is of course unless he has some axe to grind which means you shouldn't trust him anyway.

People with things to lose don't break NDAs and those who don't give a **** aren't going to care to act all paranoid cloak and dagger over their posts.
#138HiddenRoarPosted 10/16/2013 9:17:39 PM
Ironcondorz posted...
I learned today that the only way to disguise your writing style is to write like an idiot.

Why should you trust someone who is that afraid of being caught anyway? If he was afraid of losing his job, being sued, or demolishing his career, he wouldn't post anything at all. That is of course unless he has some axe to grind which means you shouldn't trust him anyway.

People with things to lose don't break NDAs and those who don't give a **** aren't going to care to act all paranoid cloak and dagger over their posts.

Like Edward Snowden?
#139SparkItUpPosted 10/16/2013 9:49:13 PM
co1onel posted...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696772

And yet again more issues arise regarding the One's hardware.

EDIT: famousmortimor (another insider) backs up what CBOAT said: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85966936&postcount=418 and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85968187&postcount=471

To be fair, there were stories out just after the reveal & after E3 that said these exact things...These are merely repeatings of the same rumor....Now that being said, considering the track record of both CBOAT & Mortimor, I take it more as a validation of the stories that were posted way back just after E3 such as the following:

http://gamerhorizon.com/e3-2013-playstations-careful-assassination-of-the-xbox-one/

That story is from June 11. They are either confirming that story, or citing from it. Noway to say which however.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...