CBOAT strikes again: Says to not expect 1080p and up-clocks causing risks

#21HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/14/2013 3:13:14 AM
co1onel posted...
zephirraines posted...
Yet Forza is already 1080p.... Why do people take this clown seriously even though you would be better off calling a psychic hot line then listening to him.

Um, maybe because he's been posting correct information since 2004? He even used to post sales data before that. He clearly has an inside position, the people who say otherwise and more often than not ignorant as to his actual history. This is why GAF mostly laughs at the rest of the internet when they refuse to believe him.

One person posts something to try and disqualify CBOAT's reliability here and instantly everything here rides on that because people find comfort in not having to believe him. His track record is unbelievably accurate. He didn't get a single thing wrong about the 360, even posting specific specs of the system that turned out true. Believe it or not he's said good things about the xbox too. He posts the cold truth, whether good or bad.

In fact all you really have to do is look at this post to see why even the few things he has gotten wrong are often unfairly used (and even twisted into something he never said): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85984729&postcount=990

360 specs were already out via a leaked document months before he got to them.

They guys been wrong about everything. EVERYTHING since before E3. He likes to troll Xbox, thats all. Thanks to E3, Games com and TGS he has a 93% inaccuracy score.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#22YeomanlyPosted 10/14/2013 3:42:55 AM
So he's saying don't expect 1080p/60fps. then Forza, oh that's an exception and will never happen again, until the next exception. /sigh

And poor reliability, I have seen hundreds more Xbox Ones in videos than any other launch console, on the road, at shows, peoples hands on, they all seem reliable.
#23TauriLeaderPosted 10/14/2013 3:56:28 AM(edited)
CBOAT has a 70/30 success rate from what I can tell. He did get a few things wrong but things change from when he said it and months later it was proven wrong. It would like predicting the weather for Winter while it is still Spring using current weather charts. Things change.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#24FoppePosted 10/14/2013 4:17:49 AM
co1onel posted...
His track record is unbelievably accurate.

Oh yes, because everybody always forgets the times he is wrong.
And some things can't even be proved, like the ESRAM yield issues.
And he always seems to include stuff that's already been rumored. Like Mirrors Edge 2, it had already been leaked on the German Amazon page weeks before he predicted that it would be on Microsofts E3 conference.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#25pigman2003Posted 10/14/2013 4:19:11 AM
I this CBOAT before TGS and his predictions, and he was wrong, on every count. People who talk out of their a** are a dime a dozen, I don't understand why this guy is getting any kind of attention.
#26EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 10/14/2013 4:23:25 AM(edited)
I'm not buying there could be hardware issues similar to the 360. Microsoft themselves would even admit how devastating RROD was to the 360 and how it cost them a ton. I seriously, seriously doubt that they didn't take the measures necessary to ensure that the Xbone wouldn't go through hardware issues on the massive scale that the 360 did. I'm almost willing to go as far as saying that I believe they put it as one of their top priorities to help ensure the box's reliability is top notch.

If it is true that there could be some hardware risks (and there are indeed some), it will kill the Xbox brand. Consumers won't take that again and definitely not with a $500 console.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
NP: GTA V, Xenoblade, SC: Blacklist, SMT IV, BF3 (Awaiting): Xbox One, PS4, KZ: SF, BF4, DR3, KI, Forza 5
#27LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/14/2013 4:20:58 AM
So many haters. Up until gamescon he was right about 85% of tge time. Obviously he knows things we dont.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#28HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/14/2013 4:43:33 AM
Foppe posted...
co1onel posted...
His track record is unbelievably accurate.

Oh yes, because everybody always forgets the times he is wrong.
And some things can't even be proved, like the ESRAM yield issues.
And he always seems to include stuff that's already been rumored. Like Mirrors Edge 2, it had already been leaked on the German Amazon page weeks before he predicted that it would be on Microsofts E3 conference.

Sram yield issues were disproved when they raised the clock. If it were so bad they wouldn't be making things harder by increasing the minimum required spec.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#29Evel138Posted 10/14/2013 4:54:43 AM
Some of the stuff he has gotten wrong have proved to be laughably wrong. If the guy was "inside" as he portrays himself to be, his success rate would be much higher......which, a big part of what he gets right is **** that's been our on the rumor mill beforehand anyway.

I like how some people act like his "position" on NeoGAF means something.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#30PsychoGatesPosted 10/14/2013 4:59:43 AM
Yeah the X1 is having so many problems, that's why it hasn't been seen or played by large masses of people yet at small events around the country... oh wait

From what I can tell MS is pretty confident in their system by letting so many people test it out in the coming weeks.