CBOAT strikes again: Says to not expect 1080p and up-clocks causing risks

#41khardboredPosted 10/14/2013 8:01:57 AM
I am not sure what he is getting at. Something about resolution? I've literally -never- payed attention to what resolution a console game runs at, ever. On my PC, way different story. But if he is saying something about games not running 1080, meh, don't care. Never did. And this isn't me simply accepting it either. It wasn't a deciding factor when I made my purchase.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#42MRL3G3NDPosted 10/14/2013 8:03:51 AM
Have to hand it to the die hard fans...you guys are going down with the ship.

Me...I saw the writing on the wall when they refused to go after hardcore titles like ARMA2, and opted to chase the "casual" demography.

Hardcore gaming is not their focus anymore

Casual people don't even know what a 1080p is lol

and going by the lowest common denominator rule (devs develop for the weakest link and port up)...publishers benefit from selling more games on both platforms...so no...no matter how powerful the PS4 is over the xb1, the games will still look the same.

they absolutely cannot afford for one system to have a glaring edge over the other. (1080p vs 720p)

Businesswise it was smart of MS to do, but it hurts the industry on a whole.

My PC graphics card does 4.64 TFLOPS compared to the PS4's 1.86...yet the console ports have never taken advantage of the power in their games...thus we get PC games that look like console games with the framerate bump and extra resolution, on the same textures...

The industry is due for a crash...I cannot get excited about the new consoles... I am super excited about the oculus rift!
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#43assassin10133Posted 10/14/2013 8:05:42 AM
co1onel posted...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696772

And yet again more issues arise regarding the One's hardware.

EDIT: famousmortimor (another insider) backs up what CBOAT said: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85966936&postcount=418 and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85968187&postcount=471

The links you posted in your edit backup that MS thought they were ahead of Sony on next gen development so they're now ramping up development big time to meet their early launch window rather than the late one, but not that there may be reliability issues or problems hitting 1080P. Seems hardware was already set anyway and Sony got lucky with GDDR5 getting to the point where they could get 8GB in, props to them on that. Also says MS will be fine by holiday next year which means most of what's going on is software related, not hardware. And launch games are never a good indication of system potential anyway, same goes for PS4.
#44assassin10133Posted 10/14/2013 8:12:56 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...

Me...I saw the writing on the wall when they refused to go after hardcore titles like ARMA2, and opted to chase the "casual" demography.

and going by the lowest common denominator rule (devs develop for the weakest link and port up)...publishers benefit from selling more games on both platforms...so no...no matter how powerful the PS4 is over the xb1, the games will still look the same.

they absolutely cannot afford for one system to have a glaring edge over the other. (1080p vs 720p)

My PC graphics card does 4.64 TFLOPS compared to the PS4's 1.86...yet the console ports have never taken advantage of the power in their games...thus we get PC games that look like console games with the framerate bump and extra resolution, on the same textures...

The industry is due for a crash...I cannot get excited about the new consoles... I am super excited about the oculus rift!

You actually make a really good point about the hardware in relation to PCs. While it's true the XB1 and PS4 are nowhere near what high end PCs can do, as long as developers are using them as the target it doesn't matter how outdated the XB1/PS4 hardware is already since games will be based on those specs and not PC specs which means that basically this new gen can feasibly last the 7-8 years the current one did. This could end up being absolute crap for PC gaming advancement really quick. Never though of that before.
#45Nate_DihldorffPosted 10/14/2013 8:23:49 AM
I hope Sony puts the smackdown on 3rd party devs/pubs and makes sure they optimize the PS4's stats for their games.

Hell, the PS4 has been confirmed to be easier to develop for over the Xbone.
---
Mexican Spanish to Spanish Spanish is like Ebonics to English. It sounds terrible and needs to be eradicated.
#46bigg_pPosted 10/14/2013 8:33:21 AM
Expect 1080p/60hz!

but there will be exceptions...

Now all bow down and worship me when this is correct!
#47MilesTeg420Posted 10/14/2013 8:40:19 AM
Get ready for sub par multiplat
#48BrownGottiPosted 10/14/2013 8:41:12 AM
I could see not every game running at 1080P but to think it won't become the norm (On PS4 as well) is laughable. Developers are achieving pure 720P at 60fps and upscaled 1080P on the old Xbox 360 hardware from 2005.

Think people.......
#49MRL3G3NDPosted 10/14/2013 8:41:59 AM
assassin10133 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

You actually make a really good point about the hardware in relation to PCs. While it's true the XB1 and PS4 are nowhere near what high end PCs can do, as long as developers are using them as the target it doesn't matter how outdated the XB1/PS4 hardware is already since games will be based on those specs and not PC specs which means that basically this new gen can feasibly last the 7-8 years the current one did. This could end up being absolute crap for PC gaming advancement really quick. Never though of that before.

yeah, I learned the hard way...I spent a lot of money building a mega pc, only to find out only a handful of games were built from the ground up using DX11...which has been around for over 4 years...BF3 was the only game notable...the rest were patched and DX11 compatible
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#50GambitbuzzkillPosted 10/14/2013 8:48:00 AM
So what happens if he is wrong again then what ?
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66