Aside the cloud, the only reason to upgrade to a next gen console is graphics.

#1Rome218Posted 10/14/2013 6:41:27 AM
How many of the people here are tired of playing good console ports(Diablo 3) or great games like Borderlands 1 and 2? The way I see it, if sequels are made on the PS4, it will go back to what's happening this gen. People having their character stored on their harddrive and able to create hacked characters and items that end up floating everywhere, ruining the game for people that would like to go to a pub lobby as opposed to hoping all their friends are on playing the same game.

MS is going to make it easy for these popular game developers to create their games using their dedicated servers.

I'm surprised how short sighted everyone is. The PS4 is just a graphical upgrade with a new controller, and I'd feel the same way about the xbone if it wasn't for the dedicated servers.

If you love to play mainly single player, then I guess the PS4 is great. If you are looking forward to popular games coming out by third party developers, and would like to have everything on a dedicated sever, then I don't see how this is even a discussion on why the xbox one would be a better choice.
#2axelfooley2k5Posted 10/14/2013 6:45:49 AM
do you have facts
sources

the ps4 has no dedicated servers!!!

and do you also believe the cloud has anything to offer other than dedicated
servers?

are you major nelson?
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#3Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 6:49:41 AM(edited)
axelfooley2k5 posted...
do you have facts
sources

the ps4 has no dedicated servers!!!

and do you also believe the cloud has anything to offer other than dedicated
servers?

are you major nelson?

Yes, I am Major Nelson. I created this GFaqs account years ago but decided to come on now. Nice to meet you.

PS4 will have dedicated servers, but they have not invested over a billion on the dedicated servers and 700 million on a new data server to support the said dedicated servers.(Clouds)

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/24/microsoft-to-invest-700-million-in-new-data-centre-to-support-cloud-service-xbox-live/

This is on top of how much was already invested in. That means a developers will most likely pay next to nothing to have dedicated servers, and MS will probably let really popular upcoming games acquire their cloud servers for free.

Major Nelson, out.
#4game freakozoidPosted 10/14/2013 6:51:04 AM
Ehhh, you're really downplaying the PS4 here when really we don't know what they've invested or what they'll be able to do. Not to mention that money=/=results. It can help it but there is so much more to the equation. As far as Cloud services go, I'm going to hand this one to Sony seeing as how they also have Gaikai.
#5axelfooley2k5Posted 10/14/2013 6:51:36 AM
with a spy camera collecting tons of data it wuld be smart to store said data

RIGHT?
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#6SunDevil77Posted 10/14/2013 6:53:17 AM
The problem with 360/PS3 is that they're almost a decade old. Upgrading doesn't just make graphics better, it allows gaming to move on and makes things possible that the 360/PS3 couldn't ever do. We won't see much of this at launch, but it is coming.

The 7th gen is slowly showing it's age more and more. Like the GTA V texture pop-ins and online problems. Far Cry 3 is another example; looks great, but performs "meh."

This extremely long gen is holding back developers, making them hold back on PC games as well. It is definitely time to upgrade.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 6:54:48 AM
game freakozoid posted...
Ehhh, you're really downplaying the PS4 here when really we don't know what they've invested or what they'll be able to do. Not to mention that money=/=results. It can help it but there is so much more to the equation. As far as Cloud services go, I'm going to hand this one to Sony seeing as how they also have Gaikai.

Well they have not upplayed anything aside from having a great PR system to trash MS's unpopular start. After that, they haven't really had much to do except say it's all about gaming.

In response to Microsoft's dedicated servers, which many here have not paid attention to(Which helps Sony out a lot), they have had no reason to have a response.

Last I checked, CoD Ghosts will be p2p on PS4 but dedicated servers on XBone. Unless PS4 changed and I'm unaware.

Even Killzone will have dedicated servers for matchmaking, but the actual game itself is going to be P2P. Everyone stated their first party games are dedicated servers, but they're not. Dedicated servers for match making.

http://videogamesandnews.com/ps4-players-upset-dedicated-servers-killzone-shadow-fall/

So, what are PS4 players paying monthly for?
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 10/14/2013 6:57:31 AM
so much fail
it's entertaining to a certain point though
then it's depressing to see PR spin actually working

according to TC...dedicated servers are a brand spanking new concept (smh), and it should be the deciding factor in purchasing your next generation console....smh

I remember in 2003 you could "dedicate" your own server on rainbow six 3 and Ghost recon...what happened to that?

I swear whoever this awful PR spin works on deserves the xb1 smh
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#9Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:06:31 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
so much fail
it's entertaining to a certain point though
then it's depressing to see PR spin actually working

according to TC...dedicated servers are a brand spanking new concept (smh), and it should be the deciding factor in purchasing your next generation console....smh

I remember in 2003 you could "dedicate" your own server on rainbow six 3 and Ghost recon...what happened to that?

I swear whoever this awful PR spin works on deserves the xb1 smh

I believe it is a vital part when choosing my next gen console. I had a lot of fun with Diablo 3, but then everyone started having the same hacked items.

That took away the fun as I worked hard on my character, and I joined lobbies where everyone was OPed and killing everyone. Now it's not fun to just go to public lobbies.

Also, games like RDR was too laggy on someone IP.

Aside from new graphics, what does the PS4 offer? .. Certainly not dedicated servers for one of their flagship launches. Battlefield 4 will have it's own dedicated servers, thank goodness to PS4 fans. You really believe you can have a solid 64 player experience on P2P?

Also, yeah RS used to have dedicated servers(Pre vegas games). Those were the PC versions though. Both consoles should focus on dedicated servers next gen, but one of them is really seeing that this gen was popular with on line gaming, and the other is just throwing their fans the same old bone except it looks shinier.
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/14/2013 7:06:35 AM
Talking about "spinning", its hilarious MrL3gend wants to pretend that having dedicated servers PERIOD = one company heavily subsidizing dedicated servers for third parties and ensuring them for themselves. Man people are desperate.

Fact is, CoD on XB1 has dedicated already and Killzone Shadow Fall doesn't so its pretty sad.

The thing, dedicated servers cost a lot of money, especially if you are renting them. MS already owns these servers and made the initial investment because they want the XBOne to distribute software digitally, meaning they want as many people on XBL as possible.

Even MMO's can run on subscription fees as low as $10 and make pretty good profits. MS's servers provide dynamic support AND are owned by them so the extra $10 will be able to more than cover maintainence costs, which just leaves them trying to recuperate what they've already initially spent, which is many times more than what Sony can afford to do at this moment.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H