Aside the cloud, the only reason to upgrade to a next gen console is graphics.

#11NewMoonShadowPosted 10/14/2013 7:14:09 AM
Rome218 posted...
I believe it is a vital part when choosing my next gen console. I had a lot of fun with Diablo 3, but then everyone started having the same hacked items.

I hated Diablo III, specifically because it was required to play on their "dedicated servers" that were frequently overloaded and caused online latency while I was playing alone.

Being unable to play a game you paid for? That's true next-gen thinking, yo.
#12SavageTrooperPosted 10/14/2013 7:19:47 AM
Rome218 posted...
game freakozoid posted...
Ehhh, you're really downplaying the PS4 here when really we don't know what they've invested or what they'll be able to do. Not to mention that money=/=results. It can help it but there is so much more to the equation. As far as Cloud services go, I'm going to hand this one to Sony seeing as how they also have Gaikai.

Well they have not upplayed anything aside from having a great PR system to trash MS's unpopular start. After that, they haven't really had much to do except say it's all about gaming.

In response to Microsoft's dedicated servers, which many here have not paid attention to(Which helps Sony out a lot), they have had no reason to have a response.

Last I checked, CoD Ghosts will be p2p on PS4 but dedicated servers on XBone. Unless PS4 changed and I'm unaware.

Even Killzone will have dedicated servers for matchmaking, but the actual game itself is going to be P2P. Everyone stated their first party games are dedicated servers, but they're not. Dedicated servers for match making.

http://videogamesandnews.com/ps4-players-upset-dedicated-servers-killzone-shadow-fall/

So, what are PS4 players paying monthly for?

All consoles including PS3 and PS4 will have dedicated servers for Ghosts.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/10/call_of_duty_ghosts_will_sport_dedicated_servers_on_ps4

/thread
#13MashYouGoodPosted 10/14/2013 7:32:09 AM
Rome218 posted...

...if one isn't a member of the Master Race.
#14MRL3G3NDPosted 10/14/2013 9:09:29 AM
okay the truth is dedicated servers have been around since the original xbox

since they commercialize it now, and tout it as a feature...give it a new name (cloud)...ignorant folks are biting it hook line and sinker...

GTA5 is running dedicated servers...EA period has tried to go their own way since the inception of console online gaming (rough road)...

it's like when the iphone released a smartphone with video capabilities...years after the rest of the world lol...but if the market it right they get a bunch of un educated consumers to buy it up.

the problem with the video game industry is that the majority of it's consumers are geeks who have extensive knowledge of these things and are not fooled one bit...

but guess who are? The casual market...which is who their sights are set upon...even if it means the sacrifice of the hardcore market

it's a gamble...and I suppose that luck and clever marketing will make it successful...meanwhile if you are a hardcore gamer, you need to bite the bullet and go PC...or deal with this nonsense from now on...

I myself don't appreciate my intelligence being tested especially when someone is trying to trick me into buying something
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#15DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/14/2013 10:01:07 AM(edited)
MRL3G3ND posted...

since they commercialize it now, and tout it as a feature...give it a new name (cloud)...ignorant folks are biting it hook line and sinker...

I get it now. This guy is trying to come off as "knowledgable" by passing off what everyone in this topic knows as something only he knows. The argument has nothing to do with what its called. Everyone is talking about dedicated servers and we know that MS is now pushing to use the Gold fee to pay for third party dedicated servers. That also means assuring first party games all have dedicated servers. Thats why Killzone SF is P2P and so has their last two major games, Uncharted 3 and Last of Us.

Your the only ignorant one here and the actual content of the discussion has just gone over your head because you just figured out something everyone knew months ago.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#16MRL3G3NDPosted 10/14/2013 10:05:58 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

I get it now. This guy is trying to come off as "knowledgable" by passing off what everyone in this topic knows as something only he knows. The argument has nothing to do with what its called. Everyone is talking about dedicated servers and we know that MS is now pushing to use the Gold fee to pay for third party dedicated servers. That also means assuring first party games all have dedicated servers. Thats why Killzone SF is P2P and so has their last two major games, Uncharted 3 and Last of Us.

Your the only ignorant one here and the actual content of the discussion has just gone over your head because you just figured out something everyone knew months ago.

lmao I swear MS should give you a hero costume with an X on it....everytime I look to see who defended some nonsense...tis you!

smh
---
#17DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/14/2013 10:10:11 AM
I love your flailing. You attack people who want "dedicated servers" as MS fanboys because you can't handle it. Then you say I am defending "non-sense" when I didn't defend anything at all. Ponies have such small brains...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#18Keeko_caPosted 10/14/2013 10:13:58 AM
I agree with TC...but I must conjunct the title of this thread with, "for the first year."

Games can only get better with more power backing them. Hell, 64 player servers vs. 16 player servers is another immediate improvement over graphics, out of the gates.
---
I'm too busy being cooler than you.
#19Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 10:34:40 AM
MashYouGood posted...
Rome218 posted...

...if one isn't a member of the Master Race.

The whole master race thing is really corny.

The hardware is only as good as the software. We all know that many PC games, as SunDevil said, are being bottlenecked by publishers worrying about 8 year old consoles first.

That means developers(The people who make games) look at PC gamers as 2nd class citizens, not a MASTER RACE.

I last went to the PC board to find someone struggling to get Crysis 3 to work on his xbox controller. It was Sonic_2k or some crap.

PC gaming has too many limitations for my tastes(having friends over to play or lending games), using a keyboard and mouse(With new controllers, not really needed and looks corny), and triple A games coming out poorly unoptimized because the developer cared about the old 360 and PS3 instead of someone with a brand new gaming PC.

I do like the modding community, but even sometimes that can mess things up as you may put mods that can corrupt your game or is not compatible with another mod, and you find out the hard way. If you enjoy it, enjoy it, 2nd class citizens. =)
#20MRL3G3NDPosted 10/15/2013 10:15:29 AM
Quickest way to identify yourself as a rabid fanboy or a moron...call somebody a pony...
---