A few questions about buying digital (Poll)

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/14/2013 7:23:52 AM
Are you going digital or physical? - Results (50 votes)
Mostly Digital: Games run way faster from the HDD and no more discs
24% (12 votes)
Mostly Physical: I like to touch stuff and share/sell them
60% (30 votes)
50/50: Not convinced either is better
16% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have a few questions regarding digital games this generation.

1)Are digital games going to be far faster than last generation compared to disc versions or do they still have that really limited and slow connection to the HDD?
2)Did MS ever announce when Digital copies would be available? Are games assured to be released 12AM on the day of release or is it up to the developers?
3)Can MS also play while downloading like the PS4 can?
4)Does digital copies charge taxes? I know XBLA games using points did not.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2khardboredPosted 10/14/2013 7:59:13 AM
I really wish we still had the DRM/24H check in place. The family sharing plan + being able to sell your digital games had me and my group of friends/family pretty stoked.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3ste_1Posted 10/14/2013 8:01:06 AM
I cant wait to go all digital i really cba having to get up to change discs all the time. Only way i would get a disc if its a single player game that i would trade in after completeing it,
#4regsantotomasPosted 10/14/2013 9:14:42 AM
Buying all digital next generation except maybe for some games I have to import.

1. I don't see why digital would be faster than disc delivery since they both require installation to the HDD.

2. MS said digital delivery of games will be available same day though I don't know if it's restricted to 12 AM in your time zone.

3. Yes, you can play after you have downloaded a certain percentage of the game

4. No idea about taxes
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#5Gamer4e4Posted 10/14/2013 9:32:19 AM
100% Physical, have no interest in ever going digital.

Oh.. and PS4, not Xbone