Video/ Xbox One multiplayer and achievements.

#1grampamurkedPosted 10/14/2013 8:14:46 AM(edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti6UwRitOZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I fear the reputation system if not drastically changed from it's current form will be abused.

I like their idea and how it COULD match you with other non troll players but I fear it won't work.

If I have a fantastic game in COD or Battlefield whats to stop all the butt hurt kids from driving down my reputation?
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#2pepsiboy95620Posted 10/14/2013 8:20:19 AM
I was just about to post this. I really like this video there's a lot of new details with the friends list sytem. Also it looks like it works well and smooth. I like how clean it looks. Everything doesn't have to be negative here and how bout we base it all on actual EVIDENCE and not just RUMORS.
---
GT:Martin23kings
#3656stoogePosted 10/14/2013 8:21:57 AM
Reputation? These guys are designing features for online and yet have no idea how the internet works?

I have something like 50% negative feedback for abusive language, or whatever they call it, on 360, and I never use a mic outside of party chat.

People are going to see guys with a good rep and just block because they're trolls. The only reason this isn't an issue on the 360 anymore is because no one gives a crap about rep because it doesn't do anything.

If your playing a game with a small user base then your going to be matched up with people that you've blocked (just like the way it is now). The only games this will work on are games like CoD, and that's the type of fanbase that will most likely abuse the system.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#4tokenblackguy23Posted 10/14/2013 8:27:12 AM
656stooge posted...
Reputation? These guys are designing features for online and yet have no idea how the internet works?

I have something like 50% negative feedback for abusive language, or whatever they call it, on 360, and I never use a mic outside of party chat.

People are going to see guys with a good rep and just block because they're trolls. The only reason this isn't an issue on the 360 anymore is because no one gives a crap about rep because it doesn't do anything.

If your playing a game with a small user base then your going to be matched up with people that you've blocked (just like the way it is now). The only games this will work on are games like CoD, and that's the type of fanbase that will most likely abuse the system.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#5CyberneticRatPosted 10/14/2013 8:33:44 AM
But if your rep goes down because of trolls, wouldn't you be grouped together with people just like you and the trolls would be grouped with their kind?

See, it all works out. Just part of Microsoft's master plan. Right. Right! Right?
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#6WestSdeNleVrusPosted 10/14/2013 8:44:07 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
But if your rep goes down because of trolls, wouldn't you be grouped together with people just like you and the trolls would be grouped with their kind?

See, it all works out. Just part of Microsoft's master plan. Right. Right! Right?

Alright guys, this is the plan. All of us will use the reputation system the wrong way. So the trolls will have positive feedback while the nice players will have negative feedback. This is how we will fight the trolls....except then the trolls will just counter troll and use it the proper way....damn sneaky trolls....

I can honestly tell you I'll be blocking everyone who uses the Kinect as a mic.

Bottom line, I don't think anything will change from how it is now. The majority of people won't take the time to give positive rep to those outside their friends list.

And the whole matchmaking while playing another game is incredibly stupid....an attempt to speed things up will just end up slowing it down...
#7chrisromans123Posted 10/14/2013 9:13:29 AM
All my reputation stuff is on like 80% or higher on 360 and I don't talk to people outside of party chat, and it's rare I play online without a group of people. Sorry that people get so upset when they lose and then give me bad rep. I don't see how the "new" system will be any different.
---
XDAO Romans
#8Madness2012Posted 10/14/2013 10:39:27 AM
That,s what I wonder to TC.i PLAY Street Fighter and Madden now and then,when I beat someone my stars go down because im winning,can't stand that....
#9adonfrazPosted 10/14/2013 12:35:48 PM
Nothing new but more clarification is good.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191