Will the Kinect be able to record, ect?

#1LonethernetPosted 10/14/2013 9:49:28 AM
Like can you use it to record and then transfer the video file to a computer with a USB chip? Can you playback things you record with with it on your X1 if you're not able to transfer stuff to your computer? Also can I network it to my computer like I do my 360 to stream music to it in-game anymore? I looked at the Xbox One page on their site but it's all PR speech and "we aim to bring you the most comprehensive blah blah blah" giving themselves credit like those customer service people who don't help you. Straight answer?
#2ZheakkPosted 10/14/2013 9:54:27 AM
Trying to answer all your questions...

You can record video with the current Kinect and transfer it to your computer. I am not sure about playback on the 360 or not.

There will also be hosting services on the XB1 for creating and sharing videos you record, both videos taken by the Kinect and videos of what is displayed on your screen. You can also record your voice while doing on-screen videos to do things like commentary while you are playing a game.

The PS4 also has hosting for videos captured on screen, not sure about recorded videos through PSeye.
#3Lonethernet(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 11:22:30 AM
Sounds like I need a Kinect 1 lol. So you can share K2 videos to what, Youtube? No USB removal/computer editing, ect?